Fashion & Beauty
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Clicky Poll: do you like this dress?

So, I bought the Groupon a couple months ago for Nordstrom Rack which expires today.  Last night I finally went and didn't find anything I really wanted (jeans or shoes usually), but saw this dress.  Surprisingly it fit me REALLY well (hard to find a good fit/small enough because I'm petite) and I needed to spend the groupon so I bought it, $45.  I can't decide if I like it or not and if I'd rather spend it on something else (I can return it for a Rack giftcard).

(actual color)

(better view) 

thanks!

[Poll]

Re: Clicky Poll: do you like this dress?

• I really like it (I have the same problem - I'm so sure, I look like I've been playing dress up in my mom's closet when I try on certain dresses.) I would keep it if I had something to wear it to (a spring/summer wedding or event.) If not (I don't wear dresses like that to work or just on the weekends), I would return it for something I'd use more.
    ?"All I want is what I have coming to me. All I want is my fair share."
    Visit The Nest! image
    Anniversary
    GP buddy to blenderdance
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image AGsWife:
    I really like it (I have the same problem - I'm so sure, I look like I've been playing dress up in my mom's closet when I try on certain dresses.) I would keep it if I had something to wear it to (a spring/summer wedding or event.) If not (I don't wear dresses like that to work or just on the weekends), I would return it for something I'd use more.

yeah, I think my view of the dress world is so jaded I'd buy any dress that fits well!  I don't honestly know when I would wear it though so that's my dilemma.  Also I'm not sure if I buy too many dresses in the "cute" genre and need more that say "sexy".

• I have that dress in the color shown in the bottom photo.  I love it and honestly, to me the v-neck is deep enough to not just be "cute" and it's a very flattering dress.
  • I say keep it.

I also bought that Groupon, and I only noticed that it expired today last week.  I ended up buying a pair of pants, but I really had to search hard for something to buy. 

AMA.
    BFP #1: 4/7/12. EDD: 12/2/12.
    Growth on target with h/b at 6w3d. No h/b at 8w4d. D&C 4/27/12.
    BFP #2: 2/28/13. M/C 5w1d.
  • image Jessimau:
    I have that dress in the color shown in the bottom photo.  I love it and honestly, to me the v-neck is deep enough to not just be "cute" and it's a very flattering dress.

thanks for the input, good to hear from someone else who has it.  I guess by "not cute" I should say I've been looking for a short trendy dress, which I have yet to find.  I actually tried a BCBG (love) one on last night that was super marked down, but it was too big :(

• image Jessimau:
    I have that dress in the color shown in the bottom photo.  I love it and honestly, to me the v-neck is deep enough to not just be "cute" and it's a very flattering dress.

also, what shoes do you wear with it?  I have yet to find a pair of white heels that I like (or am not afraid the white is too bright), but I think this dress might need them.

• I think it's adorable and tastefully sexy for spring.

I personally wouldn't wear it, because prints with white look bad next to my pale skin. I can do solid white, but I can't do a white print.

Overall though, I think it's really cute.

• image amandasw:

image Jessimau:

also, what shoes do you wear with it?  I have yet to find a pair of white heels that I like (or am not afraid the white is too bright), but I think this dress might need them.

LOL... sorry I called your dress cute. :) 

You should wear nude shoes with it if you can't find white ones you like. Or, you can wear a color from the dress. If it's the top color scheme, you could wear purple shoes. 

• image CollegeGrrl219:
    image amandasw:

image Jessimau:

LOL... sorry I called your dress cute. :) 

You should wear nude shoes with it if you can't find white ones you like. Or, you can wear a color from the dress. If it's the top color scheme, you could wear purple shoes. 

LOL. 

Thanks for the shoe ideas.  I've also thought about finding nude shoes but haven't seen anything that I like yet - didn't think about that for this dress before either.  I always love an excuse to buy more shoes :)

• I second nude shoes or shoes in a color from the dress.  I wore mine with nude heels on Easter and got tons of compliments on it.  I think it's a great spring/summer dress.
  • thanks for all the input!  looks like it's a keeper :)
  • I love the dress and the fact that it fits you really well is all the better.

I'd pair it with nude heeled sandals.