Fashion & Beauty
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Birthday gift giving help!

I'm having trouble trying to think of how to word this.  Basically, I have a great friend here who is extremely rich.  Her closet is like Sex and the City.  She doesn't blink at dropping $1000 on anything from a coat, to a new pair of heels, etc.

I want to get her something for her birthday but I'm just not rolling in it like that, hah;) What can I get her that is a nice gift but still affordable? Around $75 or so. I was thinking maybe some Chanel polish -  she was looking for Paradoxal but couldn't find it here... I could order some online, plus some other shades? Is that good?  She already has Particuliere. Any other suggestions? whether it is for polish or something else.... all ideas welcome! Thanks!

Re: Birthday gift giving help!

• Hi MsHark--How about Chanel Black Pearl or Jade Rose?  Definitely get her the Paradoxal color.  Also, this may take a miracle, but I'd get her the UD Naked Palette and tell her it's the most in demand makeup item in America.  Since you're in Asia, maybe get her the Shu Uemura eyelash curler since you can probably just buy one in a store over there.

• Oh great ideas, Mavjen!  Maybe I'll get her a couple Chanel polishes and the Shu Uemura eyelash curler. I can try for Naked but I don't know, it seems hard to get now! 

• When all else fails I do a gift certificate to a spa for a massage or something. It comes in handy for the people who have everything because who wouldn't want an hour or so of pampering time! :)
    [IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/x200p0.jpg[/IMG]