Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

"Reality" TV

So since I'm a little sad about the Cash Cab being staged (NOOOOOOOOO!!!) I'm also curious of which shows your sure are staged or have any stories of people you know bring on "stage reality".

I know most are staged but I can't help myself! Jerseylicous is supposdley staged and full of fake story lines (Gigi and Frankie).

http://www.ivillage.com/jerseylicious-fake/1-a-257695

epic fail photos - Legitimate Business FAIL
see more funny videos, and check out our Yo Dawg lols!

Re: "Reality" TV

• I was bummed out when I learned about Cash Cab awhile back.  I am sure a lot of reality shows are staged.  If they are not staged, I believe cast members will kick up the drama a few notches on their own volition in order to ensure they get a lot of camera time and will return in future episodes and seasons.

I still watch my favorite reality shows, staged or not, it's still funny.

• I know a lot of the MTV dating shows are staged.  I had friends on them, with their boyfriends.  They got a free date out of the deal, and MTV felt that a real couple would be able to push the envelope further physically than 2 people who didn't know each other.
    Master of Disguise
  • I hate to be the Debbie Downer, but most of them are staged at some point. I used to have this argument with my brother's girlfriend every time I saw her. It was like telling a kid Santa wasn't real.
  • image lilmadison:
    I hate to be the Debbie Downer, but most of them are staged at some point. I used to have this argument with my brother's girlfriend every time I saw her. It was like telling a kid Santa wasn't real.

Awwwww just don't tell her about the tooth fairy! I wonder why we continue to call it reality TV shouldn't we rename it to whatever they called The Hills? Docureality or something?

I love the trashy stuff but is that show Momma's Boys ever going to come back? I loved that one Italian Momma (I wouldnt want her as a MIL) but I loved it!

• image MrsTravis52:

image lilmadison:
    I hate to be the Debbie Downer, but most of them are staged at some point. I used to have this argument with my brother's girlfriend every time I saw her. It was like telling a kid Santa wasn't real.

Awwwww just don't tell her about the tooth fairy! I wonder why we continue to call it reality TV shouldn't we rename it to whatever they called The Hills? Docureality or something?

I think they tried to call it Docureality at first, but again, that would infer that The Hills was also a real show, which is wasn't. I think they do it because people are more intrigued if they think it's real, and most people have no idea it's not real. 

• I wondered about Jerseylicious... I figured there's no way that a real boss would keep employees who yell at each other in the parking lot.
    Planning & Married Bio... Pro Pics, Vendor Reviews, and Items For Sale!
  • A few that I know of are Southern Belles Louisville, Made (on MTV), The Hills and The City (obviously, lol), and a few others that have slipped my mind at the moment.  None of these are a big surprise though!  A few that I suspect are the Kardashians, those lame dating shows on MTV, a few game shows, and some of the weird documentaries on TLC and Discovery.

I think it's safe to say that at least some of the drama on Teen Mom is true, lol.       

• image KatieJL121:

A few that I know of are Southern Belles Louisville, Made (on MTV), The Hills and The City (obviously, lol), and a few others that have slipped my mind at the moment.  None of these are a big surprise though!  A few that I suspect are the Kardashians, those lame dating shows on MTV, a few game shows, and some of the weird documentaries on TLC and Discovery.

I think it's safe to say that at least some of the drama on Teen Mom is true, lol.       

I can tell you from personal experience Keeping Up with the Kardashians and MTV dating shows are very much not real. 

• image lilmadison:
    image KatieJL121:

A few that I know of are Southern Belles Louisville, Made (on MTV), The Hills and The City (obviously, lol), and a few others that have slipped my mind at the moment.  None of these are a big surprise though!  A few that I suspect are the Kardashians, those lame dating shows on MTV, a few game shows, and some of the weird documentaries on TLC and Discovery.

I can tell you from personal experience Keeping Up with the Kardashians and MTV dating shows are very much not real. 

Oh, yes.  And like I said, I very much suspected this, lol.  I think it's pretty obvious with the Kardashians...still entertaining at times though.

• image KatieJL121:
    image lilmadison:
    image KatieJL121:

Oh, yes.  And like I said, I very much suspected this, lol.  I think it's pretty obvious with the Kardashians...still entertaining at times though.

The thing about their show that throws people is that the stuff you would think would be fake (massive drama in Vegas) isn't, and the stuff you don't even think they would need to fake, is.  

• Dup post. WTF is wrong with my computer??
  • It might be The Nest.  It's been acting up for me lately also.
  • Maybe when they first started they were real, but does anyone doubt they are staged any more? Even stuff like Bridezillas, you can tell the difference between when some chick is being a beebee, and when they realize (and were probably told) that upping the drama would result in them getting more TV time.

Even the ones that aren't "staged" have some creative editing going on. I doubt that Jon and Kate went from a harpy married to a pushover to a overworked, under-appreciated mom married to a womanizing, neglectful sperm-donor. The editors/producers/whatever show us what they think will bring in higher ratings.

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/mmbdis.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/t6xkxy.jpg[/IMG]
  • I believe shows like Hoarders, Intervention, Obsessed are actual reality.  Maybe it's just A&E shows, haha.
  • image mavjen:
    I believe shows like Hoarders, Intervention, Obsessed are actual reality.  Maybe it's just A&E shows, haha.

I'll give you that.  

• I LOVE reality shows....and I know most of them are staged, and I'm okay with that....as long as its not OBVIOUS that its staged (Bridezilla's, Jerseylicious, Hills, etc).  I don't want them to spoil it for me, and once a show starts looking like its satged, I stop watching.
  • On The Dish Danielle Fishel rips apart the Kardashins and they way they deliver lines. I couldn't find it on their website but maybe it will show up in the future!

http://www.mystyle.com/mystyle/shows/thedish/videos/index.jsp