What's Cooking?
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

How much is 4 ounces chocolate chips?

Re: How much is 4 ounces chocolate chips?

• roughly 1/4 cup
  • You could also eyeball 1/3 of a 12 ounce package.
  • image wweaver0:
    You could also eyeball 1/3 of a 12 ounce package.

Ditto this.  PP is wrong (sorry).  one 12 oz pkg has 2 cups, so 6 oz is equal to one cup.  If you want four ounces, you can measure 2/3 cup

Sorry, I had to write out my thought process so as not to screw it up

No Siggy

• I thought it was however much you could fit in your mouth after a bad day...lol.

Yup, 1/3 of a bag is right.

My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • image destination09:

image wweaver0:

Ditto this.  PP is wrong (sorry).  one 12 oz pkg has 2 cups, so 6 oz is equal to one cup.  If you want four ounces, you can measure 2/3 cup

Thanks for the correction! I saw 4oz...cups and immediately thought 1/4 cup not thinking it was chocolate chips. Embarrassed

• image joelen&louis:

image destination09:

image wweaver0:

Thanks for the correction! I saw 4oz...cups and immediately thought 1/4 cup not thinking it was chocolate chips. Embarrassed

1 cup = 8 ounces

1/4 cup = 2 ounces =)

Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • image PAGAS:
    image joelen&louis:

image destination09:

image wweaver0:

1 cup = 8 ounces

1/4 cup = 2 ounces =)

LOL. This is why I shouldn't go to bed at 5am and wake up at 10am like I did earlier today (er, yesterday.) Smile
  • image PAGAS:
    image joelen&louis:

image destination09:

image wweaver0:

1 cup = 8 ounces

1/4 cup = 2 ounces =)

True for water... and anything with a density very close to that of water. Certainly different for solids.  I'd go with the 1/3 of a 12oz package suggestion.

• image BensBabe823:
    image PAGAS:
    image joelen&louis:

image destination09:

image wweaver0:

1 cup = 8 ounces

1/4 cup = 2 ounces =)

True for water... and anything with a density very close to that of water. Certainly different for solids.  I'd go with the 1/3 of a 12oz package suggestion.

Right.  I was referring to Joelen's calcs, she was at 16 ounces in a cup =)

4 ounces CC = 2/3 cup (per the package)

Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy