Buying A Home

"Make Me Move" Listings

On zillow.com, they have a "Make Me Move" listing.  Did you ever consider those homes?  I assume that means it's for sale by owner, right?

Re: "Make Me Move" Listings

• I assumed while looking that those meant the owner was sort of feeling out potential interest, but was unsure if they wanted to sell.  Sort of an "offer me close to this and maybe I'll sell" kind of thing.  Not sure if I was right about that though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Tickerimage
  • image lemonadepink:
    I assumed while looking that those meant the owner was sort of feeling out potential interest, but was unsure if they wanted to sell.  Sort of an "offer me close to this and maybe I'll sell" kind of thing.  Not sure if I was right about that though.

This is what I thought too.

• That's what I thought at first until this one house that I have been eyeballing was added to the list. The current list price is less than what they were asking when they had it listed with a realtor. That's why I'm asking if that "Make me Move" listing is actually a for sale by owner.
  • You are exactly right! It is sort if a For Sale By Owner.  It is a homeowner who does not necessarily need to move, but thinks that they might move for the right price.  They can put their home for sale on Zillow for free and WITHOUT hiring a Realtor.  If a buyer gives them a great offer, they would in face consider selling.  Being a Realtor, I wonder if buyers will go for this.  It sounds like these Sellers are not that serious, so buyers might not be interested.  Who knows!?