May 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Target "Uggs"

I know a few people really like these (Ash?). I was checking them out on the Target website, though, and it looks like there are several different brands. Which one do you have and like?

I'm thinking about going shopping tomorrow on my day off. I kind of want to get a pair, but then I think that it's stupid because I'd hardly ever get to wear them (since I live at work in office clothes or at home in sweats and slippers and all of my jeans are bootcut). Thoughts?

Re: Target "Uggs"

• I have the clog/ slipper kind in a few different colors and I'm obsessed with them. I just started to get into boots and they're the best thing EVER
  • I have the moccasin actual Ugg brand ones and I use them as my house slippers and love them! However, I have generic low top boots and I wear them a lot in the winter actually. I wear them when I go get the mail and have to do anything outside.
  • I have the TJ Maxx "Uggs". I like them so far, i've only worn them like twice, but they are comfy. I usually wear them with leggings
    imageimage
  • I bought "Uggs" from the Shoe Dept. last year. I really like them, they're comfy, but some of the material on the bottom of one is starting to come off. I wear them outside around the house alot. HH thinks they're hideous lol
    Two souls but a single thought; Two hearts that beat as one image
  • image katyp51:
    HH thinks they're hideous lol
    This is the only reason I haven't bought any yet. My DH thinks they are just horrible. I wouldn't get to wear them much anyway since I couldn't wear them to work but they look so comfy!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image paramedicswife:
    image katyp51:
    This is the only reason I haven't bought any yet. My DH thinks they are just horrible. I wouldn't get to wear them much anyway since I couldn't wear them to work but they look so comfy!

You quickly forgot your husband's opinion as soon as you put them on hahahahaha 

• image paramedicswife:
    image katyp51:

You quickly forget your husband's opinion as soon as you put them on hahahahaha 

• image paramedicswife:
    image katyp51:

I wear mine to work on casual Friday's occasionally. I have another pair of nicer (is that a word? lol) boots that I wear more though.

Two souls but a single thought; Two hearts that beat as one image
  • image Sarahkay488:

image paramedicswife:
    image katyp51:

You quickly forget your husband's opinion as soon as you put them on hahahahaha 

LOL! I always thought Uggs were the ugliest thing ever, but after so many years of seeing them EVERYWHERE, I'm forgetting how loathsome I used to think they were. I have a pair of "real" winter boots, but it would be nice to have a pair that I could pull on quickly that would work for most winter days.

I just ordered HH's Christmas present, though, and the cost is a bit of a stretch, so I'll have to go home and crunch numbers to see if I can justify a splurge on myself. 

• I have a pair of real Uggs that I literally wore out.  I wore them all.  the.  time.  To and from work, (sometimes AT work, shh), around the house, running errands...they were basically never off my feet.

The furry sheepskin or whatever the hell is inside of them is so trampled down now, that it is non-existant, and there is a little hole in the front of one of them that means they're no longer waterproof so my feet get wet when I wear them in the snow now.  Devestating.

So last year I bought a pair of fake uggs (can't afford another new pair, haha) and I am wearing the hell out of these too.  They are just so comfortable and easy to pull on when I'm leaving the house in a rush.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My "Uggs" are actually BearPaws. I love them! My first pair lasted two years and I wore them everyday! This year I replaced them and got two colors so that they will hopefully last even longer.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/poohbare63/2011-09-09205308-1-1.jpg[/IMG]
  • Kohls also had them on sale... I picked mine up for $20, but I am not sure if it was a "door buster" or not.  (Although, I we got to Kohls after the door buster time, so maybe it was a regular sale item.)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yep - I'm the one that has the fake Uggs from Target! (I think you probably read that on my bloggy - hehe.) The ones I have are kind of shorter and tan and they are Xhilaration brand.  I don't have the box anymore so I don't know the actual style name.  I'm asking for the black taller fake uggs this year - Xhilaration Kendra -- http://www.target.com/Xhilaration-Kendra-Suede-Boots-Black/dp/B001VSEI4Y/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&keywords=kendra&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-3&qid=1291167754&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Xhilaration Kendra Suede Boots Black&node=1038576|1287991011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin,price,target_com_primary_color-bin,target_com_size-bin,target_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0

Love them! They are seriously so warm.  I'm sure all of the off brand Uggs are about the same, though.  My friend has BearPaws and I think she likes them.   

image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • You girls are evil. I think I might be buying myself some cheap, fake uggs...
  • image goldgold:
    You girls are evil. I think I might be buying myself some cheap, fake uggs...

I got the Target Xhiliration "Kendra" ones yesterday, and so far I like them pretty well. The only thing that bothered me is that they only come in whole sizes. A 7 was a leetle snug and an 8 was a leetle loose. Sad I got the 8's because I figure sometimes I'll want to double up socks or something, but I wish they'd had 7 1/2.

• image Kelly5110:

image goldgold:
    You girls are evil. I think I might be buying myself some cheap, fake uggs...

I got the Target Xhiliration "Kendra" ones yesterday, and so far I like them pretty well. The only thing that bothered me is that they only come in whole sizes. A 7 was a leetle snug and an 8 was a leetle loose. Sad I got the 8's because I figure sometimes I'll want to double up socks or something, but I wish they'd had 7 1/2.

Not sure about Uggs, but Emus and Bearpaws are like this too. When I tried Bearpaws last year I was a sz 9 (8.5 in reg shoes). More room for thick socks. DH is going to kill me with the number of things I've ordered online recently!