May 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Adam update

So the doctor doesn't know what's wrong.  They're going to send him to another doctor and they said he needs to have an MRI done.  They upped his pain pill prescription since he's had to take more than the recommended dose.  He couldn't give me all the details because he's still at the doctor's and he's going to call me when he leaves.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Adam update

• Thanks for the update, still keeping you guys in my T&Ps.
  • I hope they find out what's going on soon!
    Two souls but a single thought; Two hearts that beat as one image
  • Now he says they're going to run some tests and do labwork.  I asked him what kind but he said he doesn't know.  :(
  • I will pray for him. I am gonna have to scroll down and see what the heck is going on with him!  
  • Weeeeird! I hope they figure it out soon :(
    Photobucket
  • Thanks for the update

Hope they figure out whats wrong with him soon. T's & P's

• I wonder if some of the meds he was taking caused something which then caused the bruising? Thinking of both of you. Hope he gets answer quickly!
  • Ok, so I'm finding him a new doctor.  They took some blood to run some tests and then switched his pain medication to the same type of medication that gave his brother seizures and when he told them that, they acted like they didn't even care.  He still had a refill for the pain medicine that he first started taking and they changed it anyway.  They also gave him some samples of a "pain medication"... I looked up that "pain medication" online... it's for freaking heartburn!!  The doctor didn't even look at him.  They had a doctor's assistant talk to him.  What a bunch of fvcking quacks.

• Oh my god! I'm glad you are taking such good care of him, he's a lucky guy to have you!! I hope you can find someone who will actually pay attention!!
    Photobucket
  • He needs a new doctor I agree!!! UGH! Keeping him in my prayers!
  • Lots of T&P for both of you, and definitely kick that doctor to the curb!
  • How did they explain the bruises all over his legs? Or did they even look at them?
  • Ok, got him an appointment with a new doctor for tomorrow at 1:30.  I was talking to the receptionist and she asked why he needed to be seen and I told her that he had gone to a doctor and the doctor wouldn't even see him and that they tried to give him heartburn medicine for his hip and she was cracking up... not at what Adam's going through, but I guess I was a little dramatic (who, me??).
  • image katyp51:
    How did they explain the bruises all over his legs? Or did they even look at them?
    They couldn't explain the bruising.  The doctor's assistant or whatever the hell she was said that they needed to run some tests to try to figure things out... Here have some heartburn medicine for your hip!!!  He said that when he was there, all kinds of things were going wrong.  They mixed up someone's charts with someone who had a similar last name and apparently the ONE scale they had in the doctor's office was broken.  WTF?
  • Glad you were able to get him an appointment with another doctor so soon!
  • Is it wrong that I am totally jealous that you can just call up a doctor and get an appointment?  We have been on a waiting list to get a doctor for a year and a half.  If we want to be seen, we have to go to outpatients at the hospital and wait for hours to see any random doctor who is working that day, and if it's not serious or life threatening, forget about it.  It's awful.

I really hope that the doctor tomorrow can figure out what's wrong with him, poor Adam. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • There are a MILLION doctors here.  When I was trying to find him an appointment last Wednesday, a lot of them said that he wouldn't be able to be seen until after the first of the year, but most of the ones around here aren't super backed up.  This doctor is like right up the road from our house too... SCORE!!  Hopefully he's not a jackass.
  • Wow. Glad you're getting him another doc! Sounds like my summer camp nurse who always prescribed gargling with saltwater for everything... including broken ribs!
  • image goldgold:
    Wow. Glad you're getting him another doc! Sounds like my summer camp nurse who always prescribed gargling with saltwater for everything... including broken ribs!
    Ha... yeah, the campus doctor at my college would always prescribe Motrin 800s for EVERYTHING.  Oh, you have the sniffles?  Take some motrin!!  You're depressed?  Take some Motrin.
  • Thank goodness he's seeing a different doctor.  I hope this one can give Adam some answers.  T&P's for both of you.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Just now catching up on all of this.  Glad you were able to find another doctor for him so quickly!  What a JackHole! (the doc... not Adam)

I hate when doctors don't come into the exam room or make an brief 2 min appearance.  The tech's and PA's do all the work and get half the $$.  But it seems like at the place he's going to, no one is doing ANY work.

T & P for you guys and I hope y'all get some answers soon!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh no! Well, I'm glad you found another doctor- I hope this one is able to give you some answers, and not just cure his heartburn! Let us know how it goes!

• image meganjane86:

Oh no! Well, I'm glad you found another doctor- I hope this one is able to give you some answers, and not just cure his heartburn! Let us know how it goes!

haha, the funny part is that he doesn't even HAVE heartburn!!! 
  • People like that give healthcare workers a bad reputation.  I hope you guys find a doctor who can figure this out.  You are in my thoughts!!

<3 <3 "You know my name, not my story.
    You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through.
    If you were in my shoes, you'd fall the first step." <3 <3

• I hope you guys get some answers soon. :-(
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • so glad you got another appt with a diff doctor, that is actually really scary!!

keep us posted! thinking of you guys

imageimage