Pets

Best product to clean cat pee out of microfiber suede?

Lily peed on our ottoman. DH soaked it up and Febreezed it, but it obviously still smells terrible! What is the best product to clean this up and get rid of the smell?

Good thing she's so cuteStick out tongue (She also learned how to drink out of the kitchen faucet, which DH and I think is hilarious! So at least her cuteness balances out her issues.)

Lauren has Down syndrome and a complete AV canal heart defect
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

[url]WWW.MeetingLauren.blogspot.com[/url]

Re: Best product to clean cat pee out of microfiber suede?

• I would recommend an enzymatic cleaner such as Nature's Miracle.
    They see us rollin'...they be hatin'.
  • Natures miracle. Our little sh!thead, I mean cat, decided that our brand new couch was the perfect brand new place to start peeing. He would jump up while you were sitting there and pee right next to you.

Just saturate the whole area with natures miracle, I mean take the sprayer off and just pour it on there. It takes quite a few days to dry when you do this, but it works really really well. I can even put my nose down in the crack where he peed (on more than one occasion) and can't detect the slightest odor. 

ETA: our couch is some sort of microfiber/suedeish material.

• image JustaName:

Natures miracle. Our little sh!thead, I mean cat, decided that our brand new couch was the perfect brand new place to start peeing. He would jump up while you were sitting there and pee right next to you.

Just saturate the whole area with natures miracle, I mean take the sprayer off and just pour it on there. It takes quite a few days to dry when you do this, but it works really really well. I can even put my nose down in the crack where he peed (on more than one occasion) and can't detect the slightest odor. 

ETA: our couch is some sort of microfiber/suedeish material.

I would also suggest checking underneath your couch.  One of my cats decided a new (to us) couch was his new pee place (faux leather type material).  I cleaned and cleaned and soaked the couch in NM, and couldn't figure out why he still peed on it days and weeks later... till I turned the couch over and discovered all the dry cat pee underneath.  I unfortunately couldn't salvage the couch Sad I hope yours is saved!