Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Walking Dead - 11/28 (spoilers)

Oh my God!  My heart was about to beat out of my chest last night.  When Amy started turning, DH and I were screaming at our tv for Andrea to move, shoot her, someone to see what's happening, etc. 

I felt like I was on pins and needles the entire episode.  I think it's the best one since the premiere.

I'm frustrated that we still don't know what happened to Merle, but I'm hoping they'll tie up that loose end next week. 

Poor Jim.  I don't blame him for wanting to stop.  If it were me, though, I'd want a way to kill myself so that I didn't turn.

I don't think that we'll see Morales and his family again.  I don't agree with their decision to go to Birmingham for family that might or might not still be alive.  They have two kids, little to no ability for more gas, and it's a long haul. 

Do you think that Morgan and Duane will find Rick?  Do you think he'll have put his wife down? 

Thoughts on the CDC guy?  I'm wondering what they've got cooked up for Andrea since she's quarantined in the previews for next week. 

Re: Walking Dead - 11/28 (spoilers)

• image kimnelson09:

Do you think that Morgan and Duane will find Rick? 

Yes!  I feel like they were too much of a storyline to not show up again.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Thought the Andrea/Amy scene went on too long. I honestly didn't think she'd be able to pull the trigger. And I don't know...doesn't seem right to let her sister become a zombie just so she could apologize and then shoot her.

Yes. I think Morgan will appear again at some point. And where the heck is Merle?

I'm a bit confused about Jim. I get that he wanted to stop, but I guess...they didn't seem to have far to go to get to the CDC so it seemed kind of pointless? And since he didn't take a gun, he's eventually going to turn into a zombie. That just doesn't seem right. Anyway... DH was convinced Daryl was going to shoot him.

When Jim had flashes of zombies after he got sick - did it seem like they were showing Shane (or Rick)? Since he is the one who dreamed of the zombie attack on the camp, I'm wondering if this will come true too.

Anyway...as an aside, I'm kind of wondering where they are getting gas for all the vehicles. And where the electricity is coming from.

• I just didn't enjoy this episode.  I thought the Andrea/Amy scene went on too long and the Jim storyline was pretty predictable. 

I'm really bothered that they know there are survivors at the nursing home in Atlanta, but everyone but Rick wants to stay in the woods with the tin can alarms.   Also, why not drop the children off at the nursing home and then go to the CDC?  I know I'm over thinking this, but for me knowing there is shelter in the city and not using it seems stupid.

I did like the scene where it looked like Shane might shoot Rick.  That was interesting since we saw him beat up that other guy a few episodes back.

• image amy0887:

I'm really bothered that they know there are survivors at the nursing home in Atlanta, but everyone but Rick wants to stay in the woods with the tin can alarms.  

It's funny - before that episode, DH and I were talking about how it just doesn't make sense to be living in the woods.  There HAVE to be better options.  I made a comment about they need to find an abandoned hotel, or apartment complex, or something.  Fortify it except for one entrance, etc.

Then, right after, we watched that episode and all I could think was "EXACTLY!!!!!!!! what they did!". 

(Going back in time- I thought that whole nursing home scene was hysterical once the old lady showed up!)

They are completely and totally exposed outside.

image amy0887:
    I did like the scene where it looked like Shane might shoot Rick. 
    My DH gave me the first graphic novel in the series that this is based on.  What happens in the novel is even more interesting and I don't expect we'll see it actually happen in the show.  They've already veered off a good deal from the novel as it is!

~Benjamin Franklin

• image majorwife:
    I'd like a spoiler.  PM me
    Done! ;)
    ~Benjamin Franklin

• image majorwife:

I'd like a spoiler.  PM me

Ditto. 

• Yeah, so far the show is quite a bit different than the graphic novels. There is a website that does some of the comparisons between the two week to week....

The graphic novels do a better job of explaining some of the "actions" we see in the show - like why Jim is left for example - that are not explored in the show so much due to format, I suppose.  There are also some different dynamics, characters and different outcomes in the novels compared to the show.

• image RaiKai:
    Yeah, so far the show is quite a bit different than the graphic novels. There is a website that does some of the comparisons between the two week to week....
    what is the website?
    ~Benjamin Franklin

• image EastCoastBride:
    image RaiKai:
    Yeah, so far the show is quite a bit different than the graphic novels. There is a website that does some of the comparisons between the two week to week....
    what is the website?

For the actual comparisons of each episode to the novels:

http://www.ugo.com/tv/the-walking-dead

I also enjoy the wiki for the show which does give lots of spoilers for both show and comic so you can figure the differences out yourself (the comic is way far ahead of the show obviously so caution if you don't want many spoilers...though the show differs a lot already so who knows how they will relate as time goes on anyway):

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_Wiki

• Yeah, I was beyond done with the Andrea scene. I mean, seriously. Your kindness to your kid sister is to let her become a zombie just to apologize to her for YOUR selfishness, then blow her brains out. On her birthday. Nice. Thank god I don't have sisters. And I'm sorry, but 12 years difference is not 20 years. She would have at least been around for a few of those 'missed birthdays.'

That older man actor... I don't typically like him in anything because he puts too much of his own personality in every role. But it was a creepy moment when he caught Shane drawing a bead on Rick. Still, that was also odd, since it seemed like Shane was losing his sh!t and had previously seemed relatively sane given the circumstances.

I was kind of interested in the Jim storyline and sorry it ended so soon. It was a good juxtaposition to Amy's zombie conversion in that he was completely aware of what was happening to him, and never sure if he'd already become one or if he was still human when he first woke up.

The CDC storyline was also interesting/horrifying on its own, in that he was the only person there, but still dedicated to figuring it out. That reminded me of an Outer Limits episode. And because of that, I'm betting that his letting them in may not turn out as happily as they all hope. Can anyone say human experimentation? Just a guess though.

Lastly, after the overly rednecking of Daryl in the last couple of episodes, I thought his role was a little better this time, with him standing back and watching the abused wife pickaxe her dead husband and then insisting that 1. all bodies should be burned (he's right) and 2. anyone bitten should be left at the least (he's right).

• Cool. Thanks raikai! 
    ~Benjamin Franklin

• image duncanpowers:

Still, that was also odd, since it seemed like Shane was losing his sh!t and had previously seemed relatively sane given the circumstances.

I think it's pretty obvious that Shane has rage issues and can't stand anyone challenging his authority.  Still, that scene was disturbing.

image duncanpowers:

The CDC storyline was also interesting/horrifying on its own, in that he was the only person there, but still dedicated to figuring it out. That reminded me of an Outer Limits episode. And because of that, I'm betting that his letting them in may not turn out as happily as they all hope. Can anyone say human experimentation? Just a guess though.

I don't trust the Dr. Jenner character at all.  Something's going to happen there. 

image duncanpowers:

Lastly, after the overly rednecking of Daryl in the last couple of episodes, I thought his role was a little better this time, with him standing back and watching the abused wife pickaxe her dead husband and then insisting that 1. all bodies should be burned (he's right) and 2. anyone bitten should be left at the least (he's right).

Daryl is growing on me, despite his blatant racism.  He's got a fairly level head on his shoulders and he's usually right, even if nobody wants to agree with him.  Also, even though he doesn't see eye to eye with anybody, he's always one of the first to rush to the group's defense.  I'd want him on my team, at any rate.

• image duncanpowers:

It reminded me of "I Am Legend".

On the other points you made, a lot of them  (i.e. Andrea/Amy, Jim, Shane, Carol, are explained better or have more of a supporting story in the graphic novels). I think it is good the show differs from the novels, but it does sort of require a bit more leaps of faith or a bit more walking around with "um, what is going on?".

If you want to PM me, I can explain the differences more precisely so it does not spoil it for others reading the novels here!

• image EastCoastBride:
    Cool. Thanks raikai! 

You are very welcome! I am a total geek about this show...ha!

• image duncanpowers:

Hmm..maybe this is why Andrea is quarantined in the next episode? 

You can tell this guy has already lost it, I think he should be an interesting addition to the next episode. 

• image krstnagee:

image duncanpowers:

Hmm..maybe this is why Andrea is quarantined in the next episode? 

You can tell this guy has already lost it, I think he should be an interesting addition to the next episode. 

I couldn't tell if she was quarantined or just taking a shower--I didn't catch the whole preview. But I frankly think it's totally responsible to do so if they did. The woman was practically writhing in her sister's zombie blood, then shot her at close range while bending over her. Why was that safe?

image kimnelson09:
    image duncanpowers:

Daryl is growing on me, despite his blatant racism.  He's got a fairly level head on his shoulders and he's usually right, even if nobody wants to agree with him.  Also, even though he doesn't see eye to eye with anybody, he's always one of the first to rush to the group's defense.  I'd want him on my team, at any rate.

Totally agreed. There's a reason he and Merle are survivors. Sometimes you have to do the ugly thing to live, and I'm not sure the rest of them quite grasp that yet.
  • This show is so slow for me. Practically ever scene feels drawn out. It's either deliberately gory brain explosion scenes or slow.
    image image image
  • image moreace01:

Thought the Andrea/Amy scene went on too long. I honestly didn't think she'd be able to pull the trigger. And I don't know...doesn't seem right to let her sister become a zombie just so she could apologize and then shoot her.

Yes. I think Morgan will appear again at some point. And where the heck is Merle?

I'm a bit confused about Jim. I get that he wanted to stop, but I guess...they didn't seem to have far to go to get to the CDC so it seemed kind of pointless? And since he didn't take a gun, he's eventually going to turn into a zombie. That just doesn't seem right. Anyway... DH was convinced Daryl was going to shoot him.

When Jim had flashes of zombies after he got sick - did it seem like they were showing Shane (or Rick)? Since he is the one who dreamed of the zombie attack on the camp, I'm wondering if this will come true too.

Anyway...as an aside, I'm kind of wondering where they are getting gas for all the vehicles. And where the electricity is coming from.

Yeah, that electric should have gone off weeks ago -- ditto the gas pumps, unless they used some kind of mouth siphon.

And what was that that ignited in the lab? (I didn't see that doc use a cover slip, either)

• I'm late to post since I just watched the episode last night...

For next weeks preview with the CDC guy & Andrea...I think that he is definitely going to use her for some experimentation.  After the lab ignited he said something about that being the freshest sample he had & nothing else there was worth using.  Maybe she is the new sample?

And maybe a spoiler here from my Entertainment Weekly mag...

It said that there won't be anything found out about Merle this season.  That kinda sucks!

image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Possible spoilers-info from the comic:

Just watched the new episode last night. The show has already varied a lot from the comic, but in the comic the reason for Shane's anger/thinking about shooting Rick, etc. is because he's been in love with Lori for years and he doesn't think Rick deserves her anymore.

Also, as far as Morgan goes, (which they quite possibly will change) he doesn't show back up for a long, long time.

• image jamlsull:

I'm late to post since I just watched the episode last night...

For next weeks preview with the CDC guy & Andrea...I think that he is definitely going to use her for some experimentation.  After the lab ignited he said something about that being the freshest sample he had & nothing else there was worth using.  Maybe she is the new sample?

And maybe a spoiler here from my Entertainment Weekly mag...

It said that there won't be anything found out about Merle this season.  That kinda sucks!

For me, when CDC Guy says he cannot use necrotic tissue, my mind immediately thought of Jim. That the group would have to go back for him as the "sample".

Meet Beyonce Jr.

Call me Kat =^..^= Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker