Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

The Town (Ben Affleck Movie)

i know i'm kinda late, but i just saw this movie last night.  my friend raved about this movie and i believe it received great reviews, so i had high hopes.  i wasn't impressed.  i thought it was okay, but nothing great.

i believe this type of movie has been done before, so the story was nothing new and it didn't seem like this movie brought anything new or interesting to the topic (kids from the wrong side of town who get mixed up in a life of crime with no way out).

i also didn't like the casting of the woman who played claire.  her acting was decent, but i thought her look would have been better suited for a character from southie rather than yuppie town.

blake lively was "eh" to me.  she dressed the part, but i don't think she embodied the part. 

my silver linings were ben affleck, jon hamm and jeremy renner.  they sure were nice to look at :)

what did you think about this movie?

Re: The Town (Ben Affleck Movie)

• image kizz11:

i also didn't like the casting of the woman who played claire.  her acting was decent, but i thought her look would have been better suited for a character from southie rather than yuppie town.

blake lively was "eh" to me.  she dressed the part, but i don't think she embodied the part. 

Where was Claire supposed to be from?  I don't remember.

I thought Blake Lively did an impressive job.  As someone who lives in the area (I'm in Somerville, which borders Charlestown) I thought she was pretty spot on.  

I agree that it is a theme that has been done before, but I enjoyed the movie.  

• SCM, i'll take your word re blake lively since you are from the area.  she just seemed like she was trying to be the part as opposed to just being the part.

i'm not sure where claire was supposed to be from, but i know she was living in the yuppie part of town and was called a "toon" by some southie kids.  anyway, she just didn't look the part to me.

• image kizz11:

i'm not sure where claire was supposed to be from, but i know she was living in the yuppie part of town and was called a "toon" by some southie kids.  anyway, she just didn't look the part to me.

Surprisingly, Southie is one of the most yuppie part of town these days :)

I wasn't a huge fan of Claire.  I couldn't really buy her being with Ben Affleck's character. 

• image SCM1011:

how funny!  clearly, you can't believe what you see in movies.  i've never been to boston, so i totally thought southie was still "rough".

• image kizz11:
    image SCM1011:

how funny!  clearly, you can't believe what you see in movies.  i've never been to boston, so i totally thought southie was still "rough".

It has a very rough past, but it has been the "it" place to buy for the last 3 years or so.  Tons and tons of swanky new condos!

• I love anything with Jon Hamm!  I know it was predictable and done before but I always love the cop-drama type movies

Nicolle's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I don't care what you say.  Ben Affleck was fecking hot in this movie and Jeremy Renner did an outstanding job.  I loved this movie, predictability and all! lol
    Don't worry, I'm working on it.
    Get it on!
  • I really liked The Town.

Crazy as it sounds, Ben Affleck could be the next Clint Eastwood.