Decorating & Renovating
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

When will Sherwin Williams have paint sale again?

Because now we need some for 2 upcoming projects.  Missed the most recent one.  Any ideas on how often they happen?

Re: When will Sherwin Williams have paint sale again?

• Not sure if this helps, but we just got a SW color matched with Behr paint at Home Depot just by giving them the color name, and the paint & primer in one works AWESOME.  There's a pic in the first post of my blog of how it covered chocolate brown with medium gray in one coat--I don't even think I'll need another coat!
  • We just missed their giant sale too.  Freakin 40% off is a lot of money, DH and I missed it by three days.  Ohhh well I suppose, sales guy said it was the last one of the year and wouldn't probably have another one until about June.

Be a bit careful with the color matching tho, we went to Lowes and tried to do the same thing with their Valspar paint to try and save some money.  I was so excited when the lady said they already had the color on file (it was SW Aesthetic White, it's a light sand color)... well the color came out nothing like the sample I had in hand.  In fact it had a green tint to it. As I was walking up to the register I told DH that it just didn't look right and he huffed and puffed, but when I went back to the paint counter the girl in fact said she thought it looked off, but it was what they had in the system.. needless to say, I didn't get the three gallons of paint she mixed and went right back over to SW to get the color I wanted.  When I told the guy at SW about it, he said their base colors are different so its hard to color match with other stores.  

• I would guess about the beginning of January.
  • Sign up for their preferred customer program and then you'll get emails about the upcoming sales.