Money Matters

Nordstrom bra fitting = amazing

I went to Nordstrom today because I needed a new bra that fit really well. I figured I would get fitted while I was there. I almost fell over when the saleswoman told me I was a 32D....I have been wearing a 34-36B. I ended up buying 5 bras (although 3 were on sale!), already I feel the difference.

You always hear that statistic about the majority of woman wearing the wrong size, but in no way did I think I was off by that much!

I was also impressed because she measured for my band size, but could tell just by looking what cup size I was!

Re: Nordstrom bra fitting = amazing

• I've heard that most women wear too small a cup size and too large a band size. Glad you got some that work!

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image jenny1980:

I've heard that most women wear too small a cup size and too large a band size. Glad you got some that work!

It makes sense. I was sure I was a B, so I just went up until I found a band size in B that felt somewhat comfortable. It didn't even occur to me previously to try to go up a cup size.
  • So glad you had a great experience.  I love them, but I know a few people have not had a good fitting.  Yay for finding a bra that really fits right.  It's life changing, seriously.
  • Yay for good bras that fit! I had a similar experience when I went for a fitting there a few months ago. Last time I'd gotten measured (at VS - I know better now) the girl told me I wore a 36D. After wearing those bras a while and realizing they still didn't fit quite right. I went to Nordstrom. I was shocked when the girl told me I should be in a 34DDD/F. While I'm not thrilled about the size (I'd much rather be a D or smaller) having bras that fit correctly has rocked my world. Enjoy having bras that fit correctly - it's pretty amazing!
  • image MrsEmilyB:
    Yay for good bras that fit! I had a similar experience when I went for a fitting there a few months ago. Last time I'd gotten measured (at VS - I know better now) the girl told me I wore a 36D. After wearing those bras a while and realizing they still didn't fit quite right. I went to Nordstrom. I was shocked when the girl told me I should be in a 34DDD/F. While I'm not thrilled about the size (I'd much rather be a D or smaller) having bras that fit correctly has rocked my world. Enjoy having bras that fit correctly - it's pretty amazing!

The worst bra fitting I've ever had was at VS.  I proceeded to invest well over $150 in bras that were a cup size too small.  The worst part was that I wore them to work for ages and in retrospect realize that I was inappropriately jiggly for a professional environment (or any environment, really).  The cups didn't fit so I was spilling over a bit.  It seems obvious now but at the time...

OP, congrats on a good bra fitting!  Nordstrom usually does a wonderful job with this.

• I went last month after reading on here how they did a great fitting. I previously wore a 38D but really need a 38DDD/F. It's seriously life changing. It fits so much better. The straps don't fall down, and my waist looks so much smaller.
    "Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." ~William James My Blog
  • Like pretty much everyone else, I'd been wearing the wrong cup size (an A, I turned out to be a C) for years when I went to Nordstrom's for a fitting.  I swear that I walked out of that store looking like I'd lost 15 lbs just from wearing a bra that actually fit. 
    28/100
    LittleL 8/10/07
    Baby E 11/27/10

Check out my makeup and reading blog:
    Books and Beauty
  • I've never been fitted but last week we were told we're getting our Christmas bonus this year and I told dh I'm not saving it this year like every other year. And one of things I'm doing with it is going to nordstroms and getting fitted and getting new bras. I know mine don't fit well at all
  • I loved my fitting too. I'm so glad you got a good fitting!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Our little Irish rose came to us on March 5, 2010
    Don't drink the water.
    Disclaimer: I am not an MD. Please don't PM me with pregnancy-related questions. Ask your doctor.
  • for those with bras that didnt fit, werent your boobs just pouring out the top - or didnt you have a muffin top at the top of your bra

most days my bra is too big- so I guess I shouldnt judge. That is my problem - some days it is too big, other days just right.

• image rkto:

for those with bras that didnt fit, werent your boobs just pouring out the top - or didnt you have a muffin top at the top of your bra

most days my bra is too big- so I guess I shouldnt judge. That is my problem - some days it is too big, other days just right.

Not really, because my band size was way too big.

28/100
    LittleL 8/10/07
    Baby E 11/27/10

Check out my makeup and reading blog:
    Books and Beauty
  • I wasn't wearing the right size until I went to a lingerie shops because department stores don't carry small bands/large cup sizes. It was definitely wonderful to have bras that fit. And remember if you gain or lose more than a few pounds you'll need to be refitted.
  • image volenti:
      Yay for finding a bra that really fits right.  It's life changing, seriously.

ITA with this.  I swear when I found my correct size and started buying comfortable bras in the right size, my clothes fit better and I looked a minimum of 10lbs lighter in the torso area.  Miraculous.

• Funny- mom & I went earlier this week.  I know mine might change once my milk comes in, but I had no idea where I was right now.  Wearing 38B & was 36D. 

Mom really needed it.  She would wear overly-stretched out $5 cheapies: 36A.  She was really 38C & needed a wider band.  Not to sound weird, but it was funny watching my 2 c-section, saggy-boobed mom put on the correct bra & have rounded, lifted boobs again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image NSL:
    image rkto:

for those with bras that didnt fit, werent your boobs just pouring out the top - or didnt you have a muffin top at the top of your bra

Not really, because my band size was way too big.

Ditto.  I did develop muffin top, but if I adjusted, it went away.  What I didn't realize at the time was that I shouldn't have to adjust my bra during the day for it to fit properly.  However, I'd spent so many year wearing ill-fitting bras that I assumed repeated adjustments were normal, particularly when someone had measured me and assured me that I was wearing the proper size.

• I'm sure I should go be fitted. I am wearing a 36C now and I **know** the cup is too small. But pre-baby I was a B cup and I can't quite wrap my mind around being a D.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am also really bad about this, and have wanted to get fitted for a long time.  How much would you expect to spend on 3 "good" bras at Nordstrom?

I have no idea...

Thx!

Slowly but surely.
  • image smooge:

I am also really bad about this, and have wanted to get fitted for a long time.  How much would you expect to spend on 3 "good" bras at Nordstrom?

I have no idea...

Thx!

I got one for $70 and one on sale for $30. 

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." ~William James My Blog
  • image rkto:

The problem is a lot of people abide by the stupid 'add 5 inches' thing, which just puts you in  too small of a cup size but too big a band.It's no wonder so many women go down band sizes and up cups when fitted properly.

I loved my Nordstrom fitting. I could tell them what size I wore, because I knew (based on how my bra fit) and they confirmed for me, then brought me so many bras to find the right one. 

I wear a 34H or I while nursing. It sucks. I'd love to be even a DD. At least I could easily find a bra then.

imageimage