Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

50 degree running weather clothing

So it's supposed to be around 50 degrees, overcast at 9am on Thursday when my 5 mile Turkey Trot starts. I tend to be on the cold side typically, but don't want to end up carrying a long sleeve shirt if I'm burning up by the 2nd mile... what would you rec. wearing?

Re: 50 degree running weather clothing

• They say dress 20' warmer... so like it's 70, I'd wear shorts and a shirt... if you tend to get cold while waiting, maybe gloves??  Good luck!
  • I'd wear shorts and a short sleeve shirt or tank with a throwaway long sleeve T shirt and cheapie gloves. The LS shirt and gloves usually get tossed by the end of the first mile or two. I've worn arm warmers that I roll down when I get warm enough.
    Karen 7.28.07

Running on the Rhode

I hate you very much
  • It was 54* and rainy on my 5-mile run yesterday at 9am. I felt a bit overdressed in capris and a short-sleeved shirt. Shorts would've been a better choice. I could have hiked up the capris into bike-short length, though. I didn't regret not having gloves or long sleeves.

• Dress like it's 20 degrees warmer... in that weather I'd wear capri tights (I prefer them to shorts unless it's legitimately hot) and a short-sleeve shirt.  Maybe some gloves for the very beginning that I could toss when I get warm.
    #PerfectStrangers

2012 Races:
    1/28 - Planet Adventure night trail 1/4-marathon - 1:25:47
    3/24 - Sam Costa half marathon - 2:02:47
    4/14 - Hoosier 10 miler - 1:25:21 (8:32) PR!
    7/8 - XTERRA Freedom Fest Hawaii 10K
    9/1 - Indianapolis Women's Half Marathon
    10/20 - Indianapolis Marathon Relay
    11/4 - Monumental Marathon (full marathon #2)
    11/22 - Drumstick Dash 4.5mi
  • shorts and short sleeved shirt! i am jealous of your turkey trot forecast
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I wore a long sleeve wicking shirt under a thin short sleeve shirt and shorts when I ran this morning in 48 degree weather. It was perfect. I tend to be more cold-blooded, too, and I'm usually dressed a smidge warmer than other runners that I see. No gloves. That's waaaay too warm for gloves IMO.
    Kate (& Mark!)