Fashion & Beauty
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Does anyone know about The North Face sizing?

I found a jacket that I would like to order for my sister. I read all of the reviews and it said that the size runs small. I think she usually wears a medium or large in their fleece jackets, so I was going to get her a large coat.

Do they really run small? Should I order an XL coat?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Does anyone know about The North Face sizing?

• I don't know about jackets, but I just bought a couple of North Face shirts in S.  I don't think it runs small.  I usually wear a 2 or XS in Gap/BR/J.Crew but these stores are known for vanity sizing.
  • Actually, I find that North Face runs a size big. So I'd get her a medium for sure.
  • image shopgirl_07:
    Actually, I find that North Face runs a size big. So I'd get her a medium for sure.

Ditto.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mmm maybe it depends on the style? 

I wear a small/medium depending on the store and both my North Face coats are Medium

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have a raincoat and a down jacket from North Face and they're both a M (I wear a M in most stores, 6/8 pant size).
    My Boys

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would definitely not size up to XL. I'd go with M or L (probably the medium).

• I find that they are pretty true to size.  I would NOT order bigger!
    Cheese mama! imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image shopgirl_07:
    Actually, I find that North Face runs a size big. So I'd get her a medium for sure.

Agreed. I wear M generally on top, and I do in their sizes too if I want a little extra room to layer underneath, but I have also bought children's sizes in NF too (L or XL) because it is cheaper that way...I know a lot of people that do this, and some retailers even promote it.

• I definitely think they run large! I typically wear a S, occasionally a M in coats (more room for sweaters ;) DH got me a M North Face fleece and it was HUGE on me. I was able to wear it to the very end of both of my pregnancies, even zip it up over my huge bump (and I gained almost 40lbs both times)! And it's quite large in the shoulders too. I should have exchanged it for a S.
    our beautiful girls!
    Kylie born 2/08. Alexandra born 10/09.