Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Twilight

Am I missing something?  I kept hearing all the rave reviews about this series so I got it and it seems like a kid book.  I have read the first few chapters does it get better?

Re: Twilight

• It's a YA novel, that's for sure.

The first couple of chapters are a little "whatever," but IMO the story does get better. 

image image image
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I strongly urge you too keep going! The first few chapters I thought were kind of slow, but then I thought it got a lot better.
    image Visit The Nest! image
  • I started it yesterday... and I thought the same thing. I'm now a little over halfway done with the first book and it's gotten much better, but I warn you- so far, it's still a little teenager-ish. I was surprised by that fact after hearing everyone raving over it, I just expected them to be ... at least in their 20's! All in all, I do like it and I'm thinking I'll love it more as I get further into the series.
  • I didn't get totally into it until almost the end of the first book.  All the "high school" stuff got old fast, in my opinion.  But the story takes some great turns in the last part of the first book, and into the second.....and right now, I'm in the middle of book 4 and it is pretty intense!!  Keep going!
  • The first book (Twilight) is the most "high school-esque" about half way through I got really into it, after the first book there's not as much high school talk.
  • image sachiko:
    The first book (Twilight) is the most "high school-esque" about half way through I got really into it, after the first book there's not as much high school talk.

Ditto!  I had to keep reminding myself that they really are YA books so that I wouldn't get too annoyed with some of the characters and writing.  But the books do lose a lot of the "high school" quality as they go further along the story.

~~~~Carrie & Shawn~~~~December 21, 2007~~~~ image
    Our Blog!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I agree...I can see myself in 10 years still wanting to reread the Twilight series!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • It definitely picks up a few chapters into it. I started reading it on a whim, because I had heard so much of it. I'm now sucked into Eclipse and can't wait to get on to Breaking Dawn.

I didn't mind the high school setting. Any book I read, I take the characters for what they are, whether they are kids or adults. It actually took me back to my high school days because so many of it was classic high school stuff.

• I actually like the high school setting, and missed it as they moved away from it in later books.
    image image image
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers