Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

could not get into Harry Potter

anyone else with me or am I the only one? I think it was alittle too far fetched for me to enjoy
image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: could not get into Harry Potter

• I put off reading them for a really long time---but when I finally did, I ate them up.
    image Emily 7-10-04
    My Food Blog Visit The Nest!
  • I like fantasy type books so I really got into it.  But there are enough books in the world that you don't have to like everything. 

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• If far-fetched is a problem for you in Book One, do yourself a favor and stop now! ?Some people just don't go for fantasy/sci-fi. ?No big deal?Big Smile
  • I liked book 1, but couldn't get into the others. you're not alone ;-)
    image image image
  • Yeah, I started the first one when it first came out, before they were super popular, and I couldn't even finish it.

?

When it exploded and got really popular, I seriously couldn't believe it. ?I heard that they get better, but I haven't really given them another chance. ?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• you're definitely not alone. ?i couldn't get into it and gave my copy away immediately. ?total snoozer.
    [the bliz-og]
  • I agree.... Harry Potter just isn't for me
  • I read the first 2 HP books when they originally came out, but I lost interest part way through the third one.

Just this year I decided to try them again, and I absolutely loved them!  I tore through the entire series.  It was nice because I didn't have to wait for any to be released, I could read them as quickly as I wanted.

[URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/n/nxgabzpt1.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • I didn't care for it at all, and I say it because I only tried reading the first one and none of the others...I just didn't get it
  • I could have done without the first two books. Neither of them hooked me and I felt like I could have seen the movie and gotten all the information I needed. But, they were quick reads so I stuck with it. The third one totally sucked me in. After that, I read the whole series. In the end, I do enjoy the books but I don't revere them as much as some do. It wasn't entirely original but I am impressed by anyone who can create a totally different world.
  • At first I could not get into them, but than I read the fist one for a class and was hooked. I cannot get enough.