Northern California Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Poll: Foul Language

I know that the nest controls the foul language on the board, but I was wondering how everyone talks in real life. I tend to throw cuss words around, but I think I cuss less then I used to....

[Poll]

Re: Poll: Foul Language

• I try to be more aware of it, so that I use it when I really mean it.
    Photobucket
  • none of the options fit me, I'd say 'a lot of the time but not constantly'

I try not to let it get in the way of using actual English but I definitely cuss. It's one of those things I need to control more but I've got too much on my plate to worry about it right now.?

• when i was hired, my bosses said they swore all the time and that they would try to control their language if it offended me... instead, i now swear freely as well, i.e.:

boss:  did you see that so-and-so didn't do X?

me:  i hate that f*cker!

boss:  yep, me too 

• image DiamondWings:

none of the options fit me, I'd say 'a lot of the time but not constantly'

I try not to let it get in the way of using actual English but I definitely cuss. It's one of those things I need to control more but I've got too much on my plate to worry about it right now. 

I added an extra option. Big Smile

• image DiamondWings:

This describes me too. And aviva, I want to work with you!

[IMG]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h180/zlampros/db276e02-07dd-401b-aa2b-3f9aa62b4c45_zps46356489.jpg[/IMG]
  • image ZoeMay06:
    image DiamondWings:

This describes me too. And aviva, I want to work with you!

this is one plus of my workplace:  we feel free to express our anger in whatever words we so choose. ;) 

• image avivalasvegas:

when i was hired, my bosses said they swore all the time and that they would try to control their language if it offended me... instead, i now swear freely as well, i.e.:

OMG - haaaaaaaa.

Andrew - Turns 3 on March 22!
    [IMG]http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/400236_2291129377746_1834353394_1470454_188576721_n.jpg[/IMG]
  • I have a mouth like a sailor...but I am trying to work on it especially with the baby....but it is hard.
  • image avivalasvegas:

when i was hired, my bosses said they swore all the time and that they would try to control their language if it offended me... instead, i now swear freely as well, i.e.:

That is too funny. My boss is a super square and rarely cusses. One time we were driving somewhere and my co-worker (who also talks like a sailor) went on this cussing spree...my boss got so flustered that he missed the exit...to a place we go all the time.

• I used to swear all the time. But, now that I am working from home (away from stress and coirkers) I rarely swear. Then again, when I work from home i am by myself, and come on, swearing to yourself outloud is just a bit too crazy, IMO.
  • image avivalasvegas:

Omg, I wish I could get away with that at work!  It seems like the lawyers are the only people who swear in my office, and it is usually only when they are p*ssed off.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The office language is cracking me up. I try to be extremely classy and well versed at work (I know that is hard to believe). However, I was once driving my boss and my coworker (males) to a meeting in my new (to me) car and when I parked, ran over a big chunk of concrete. I couldn't control myself and much like that Friends episode with Phoebe, I let loose "F****************************************!" at the top of my lungs. They both stared at me wide eyed and just lost it laughing. I was mortified.
  • I have an on-off switch...but it only works around kids, my parents, and my job.  I rarely swear around my husband....but when I drink or get excited I swear a lot.

I am a freaking sailor... especially when I am going out with friends...I don't know what it is...I just get super excited and I drop the f bomb a lot. 

I am aware of how often I do it...but I am trying to curb the amount I do it around friends.

Happy Takes Work A family blog.
    Money Matters The other half's blog.
    EJ is growing up too fast!
    image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I cuss like a salior as most people have told me, I am trying to work on it as I have a baby on the way and I do not want my little boy cussing like I do.
  • And now none of you are going to let me near your children. ;)
  • I cuss a lot. Mostly for dramatic effect.

I never cuss in front of my students, but when they are out of the room, I have a hard time holding back! Yeah, lost of reasons (school BS) to cuss at my school.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    My little firecracker. Born on her due date,7/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker MarriedBio
  • I feel like I cuss but I know I don't do it all the time! I'm getting better.  I work with children a lot so that's mostly why. When I started in High School, my parents hated it and would always tell me not to but I did anyway.  I feel like when I use it in public it makes me seem less educated and I paid a lot of money for my degree, so I'm trying to curb the habit. We'll see... Sometimes though a ***!!  really feels good! :)
  • I go through spouts of it. I was really good in college and high school in only using it in appropriate situations. Then I had to be careful as a teacher but the move to Boston and the wedding planning really ruined it for me. I curse like a salior sometimes (even though I know some saliors and they don't curse anywhere as bad as I do). I am trying to get a handle on it but now I have let the lid off it is hard to put it back on.
  • I think I'm weird, I go through phases where I do more. And this can be because I'm mad/stressed or just whatever. I go through phases (like weeks) where I hardly do at all then weeks where I do more. Can't explain it. Of course I do not cuss in front of my students and I don't with most of my elders. Kind of weird for me how much Drew's parents cuss because mine never did/rarely do around my bros and me.
  • image avivalasvegas:
    And now none of you are going to let me near your children. ;)

I'd still trust you with 'em. Not sure I'm much better. My boss rarely curses, but at my internship at the PDs office the language is beyond foul - I'm almost embaressed, but not really, I'm finally comfortable enough to jump in now.  

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/2i1j9ma.jpg[/IMG]

"And though she be but little, she is fierce."
  • I try and reserve it for when I really mean it- more impact that way, at least with people who know me well enough to know I don't use certain words that much.