Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

dmv/dps at 4:30?

Am I crazy if I go to the (whatever it is called - the place for dls) at 4:30(it closes at 5)? 

I have change my social to my married name but not my dl and I really need/want to do it. 

thoughts?

Re: dmv/dps at 4:30?

• I would say you should try and go sooner. 

It also might depend on the DPS you go to. 

I went to the one in East Dallas off of Northwest Highway around 1:30-2:00.  I waited for an hour and a half.  It took forever!  And then the process took about 5 minutes...it was kind of frustrating.

• Holy CRAP!  an hour and a half, really?  ok, I knew it would take awhile but I didn't realize we were talking about that kind of a wait. Yikes.  Dang it I will never get to go. :-(  My boss is totally not interested in letting me off to get it done.

• it depends on the location but I bet you would have a better time at 4:30 than you would at lunch time
    [IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/r2q454.jpg width="99" height="99"[/IMG]
  • image mrs.tc:
    it depends on the location but I bet you would have a better time at 4:30 than you would at lunch time
  • image mrs.tc:
    it depends on the location but I bet you would have a better time at 4:30 than you would at lunch time
  • Geez.  I suck. 

Sorry.

I was going to say that yes, lunch was busy...but it just got busier the longer I sat there. 

• I was in and out of the one in Arilngton pretty fast...I would say that it took less than 30 mins.  I went around 3 pm.
  • Well, I left work at 4, arrived about 4:20-25, and was out of there my 4:40.  As I was walking out it was like the flood gates had opened, I couldn't believe the number of people trailing in.  So that was that.  I am finally officially a Mrs. :-) ... this was at the hurst location, btw.
  • image 8.9.8isthedate:
    Well, I left work at 4, arrived about 4:20-25, and was out of there my 4:40.  As I was walking out it was like the flood gates had opened, I couldn't believe the number of people trailing in.  So that was that.  I am finally officially a Mrs. :-) ... this was at the hurst location, btw.

Congrats Tiffany!  I was going to say it took me a whole 10 minutes to change mine, but that was in South FW.

• Betty- I am assuming that little soccer player is your son?  He looks much more tan than in your wedding pics.  :-)  But he is super freakin cute!   Seriously. cute.