Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Re: Poll! - Cars

• Yes, I always take my car to the same mechanic......my husband! LOL! I don't think he would be too pleased if I actually paid for labor on something. Big Smile
    Ben & Shana - August 27, 2005
  • My H works for the corporation, so I have no choice :)?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image MissyNa:
    Yes, I always take my car to the same mechanic......my husband! LOL! I don't think he would be too pleased if I actually paid for labor on something. Big Smile

Ditto

• image 2carbuffs:

image MissyNa:
    Yes, I always take my car to the same mechanic......my husband! LOL! I don't think he would be too pleased if I actually paid for labor on something. Big Smile

Ditto

Same!

• Now that I'm back in town, I'm using our family mechanic again.  I had to go to someone different when I lived in East Lansing and I never quite trusted them.
  • I never take my car into to get work.  It's bad, I know.

Whenever there is something wrong,  I just let my H know.  Then we switch cars for the day, and he takes care of the problem.  I'm not sure where he takes it to get fixed. 

I know he used to take his Sebring to a dealer in Fremont (not where he bought the car from) but now that car is dead, and so far he has taken his new car to the dealer he bought it from in Holland.

• My husband is a mechanic also, but there are things that he thinks are a better value/convenience to get done at the dealer.  I get my oil change done at Classic Chevy because it's close and it's only $20, so he says that the extra $3.50 is worth it to not have the hassle of doing it himself. He also hates doing coolant flushes for some reason so he always just tells me to get it done there too.  All the other stuff he'll do himself. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Do any of you who have husbands who are mechanic's live in the Holland/Zeeland area??? 
  • image Brown88:
    Do any of you who have husbands who are mechanic's live in the Holland/Zeeland area??? 
    We don't live in the area but my husband does work for a bunch of our friends that live in that area. Side work gets us our extra spending money. LOL! If you're interested in checking us out I can give you the name of a few girls on here who have used us. Feel free to email me about getting work done shanadykhuis at yahoo dot com
    Ben & Shana - August 27, 2005
  • image MissyNa:
    image Brown88:
    Do any of you who have husbands who are mechanic's live in the Holland/Zeeland area??? 
    We don't live in the area but my husband does work for a bunch of our friends that live in that area. Side work gets us our extra spending money. LOL! If you're interested in checking us out I can give you the name of a few girls on here who have used us. Feel free to email me about getting work done shanadykhuis at yahoo dot com

Thanks Shana, I'll keep your email addy handy!!!!!

• My oil changes and tire rotation is done at the "Dad Garage" aka my dad :o) The other few problems have gone back to the dealer b/c it was under warranty for quite a while.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic CafeMom Tickers
  • If it's under warrenty, it goes to the dealership.  Anything else, I have a shop in town that I go to.  I've known them since I was 11 and babysat their kids.