Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Tuesday conversational post

Re: Tuesday conversational post

• image LVila:
    Helloooooooo everyone! I got three doors primed this morning. What a pain in the ass. I got this brainy idea to paint all of the doors in our house. The last people that lived here did part of them... wtf? Who wants some wooden doors and some white doors? So I'm doing all of them... including the closet doors. BOOOOOOO!

You go girl! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I need to get up and take a shower. I'm being really lazy today. The stupid neighbor dog was barking at 4:25 this morning. I swear I'm going to get up one morning and duct tape his mouth shut. I've had enough. Then I slept wrong and I have a really stiff neck today. *pity party*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic CafeMom Tickers
  • I want to be super fit like Kelly Ripa. But I don't want to wear the dress she's wearing today. It makes her look like she has four boobs.
  • image LVila:
    I need to get up and take a shower. I'm being really lazy today. The stupid neighbor dog was barking at 4:25 this morning. I swear I'm going to get up one morning and duct tape his mouth shut. I've had enough. Then I slept wrong and I have a really stiff neck today. *pity party*

Um, didn't you just say you primed three doors - pretty sure that's not lazy. Wink

• image MrsJuliD:

image LVila:
    I need to get up and take a shower. I'm being really lazy today. The stupid neighbor dog was barking at 4:25 this morning. I swear I'm going to get up one morning and duct tape his mouth shut. I've had enough. Then I slept wrong and I have a really stiff neck today. *pity party*

Um, didn't you just say you primed three doors - pretty sure that's not lazy. Wink

lol that only took an hour! I need to go get flea medicine for the animals and I'm meeting the H and my MIL for lunch. Plus my wood floors look like carpet with all the dog hair. I need to vacuum and that is one chore the H won't do for some reason.

• image LVila:

You primed 3 doors by 9:30 am.  I would say that is not super lazy Big Smile

• image LVila:
    Helloooooooo everyone! I got three doors primed this morning. What a pain in the ass. I got this brainy idea to paint all of the doors in our house. The last people that lived here did part of them... wtf? Who wants some wooden doors and some white doors? So I'm doing all of them... including the closet doors. BOOOOOOO!

That's awesome! Go Lindsay!

• I hate when people have to be right all the time. GRR!
  • Ok you girls made me feel better. The primer is probably dry. I could go put the first coat of paint on.
  • CUTE SHOES !!!!!!!!!!Yes
  • I asked my H if we could make a deal last night.  He said no before he even heard it!  Ha.  Brat.

Anyway,  I said since you drive the nicer car, can I have the right spot in the driveway.  I hate parking on the left. 

Haha.  He said yes.  Woot!

• Nice deal!

One of the requirements when we bought our house was a 2-car garage. 

We used to live downtown, and TH somehow got the garage spot all the time, and I had to park outside (BS).  After my car got smashed in a hit and run and broke into another time while living there, I told him my days of parking outside were over!  Forever! 

• I think I might take all of the tomatoes out this weekend.  Might be my final gardening act of '08.
    Willa 4.6.06 and Henry 10.18.08 Camp Sinki
  • image MrsKerCo:

Nice deal!

One of the requirements when we bought our house was a 2-car garage. 

We used to live downtown, and TH somehow got the garage spot all the time, and I had to park outside (BS).  After my car got smashed in a hit and run and broke into another time while living there, I told him my days of parking outside were over!  Forever! 

Oh yeah, that is one of the requirements for our next house too!  For sure!  And we're only about 18 months away from buying...lol!   Only.  Sigh.

• image adreajoy713:
    I'm at home sick.  It f*ing sucks.  It's not even october, I shouldn't be getting sick.  I'm such a miserable baby!

Hope you feel better!

• image Desmond&MollyJones:

I asked my H if we could make a deal last night.  He said no before he even heard it!  Ha.  Brat.

Anyway,  I said since you drive the nicer car, can I have the right spot in the driveway.  I hate parking on the left. 

Haha.  He said yes.  Woot!

The left side is closer to the door at our house. I get that one.

• We only have a one car garage. It's my spot (even though I have remote start on my car... the H can spend time in the morning scraping ice. I can't be late.). I'm parking in the driveway right now b/c my door painting project is in the garage.
  • *yawn*

For whatever reason I am Tired.  That's right, with a capital T.

• Yawns are contagious...even when you type them out...lol...you made me yawn.  Sleep
  • image Desmond&MollyJones:
    Yawns are contagious...even when you type them out...lol...you made me yawn.  Sleep

ME TOO! You buttheads lol. Now I'm yawning and tired.

• image LVila:

image Desmond&MollyJones:
    Yawns are contagious...even when you type them out...lol...you made me yawn.  Sleep

ME TOO! You buttheads lol. Now I'm yawning and tired.

Not.  Falling.  Into.  The.  Trap.

Haha!  No yawn for me!

• Ha ha, sorry I made you guys yawn!

I just made some green tea - perhaps that will wake me up a bit.

• I want to go shopping. I think I have a problem. I don't buy a lot of stuff, but man I LOOOOOOOVE shopping.
  • That reminds me.  I have to buy some Chai tea to keep on hand now that the chilly weather is upon us.  Nom, nom, nom. 

• I need to cut my cc in half.
  • image MrsKerCo:

That reminds me.  I have to buy some Chai tea to keep on hand now that the chilly weather is upon us.  Nom, nom, nom. 

Ooo, I love chai.  Have you ever tried it with a shot of expresso?  Super tasty too.

Next to cider, it's pretty much the best fall drink.  Or year round drink. :)

• Are you going through a spending frenzy?  Cuz if you are, I'm right there with you.  I'm out of control.

You were the one asking me about MH's hip replacement, right?  Did everything work out for you guys with that?

• I got Jared some loose chai at global infusions on Diamond. It smelled great, but I like the pre-sweetened stuff. =)

I like hot cider with a bunch of caramel syrup dissolved in. 

I inhereted my grandpa's taste for sweets =)

• I have no motivation this afternoon.  and there is a lot to do around home.  Also I still haven't heard about the job, and I am thinking that this means I did not get it. 
  • I like the pre-sweetened stuff too.  I buy Oregon Chai tea.  Add some milk, whip cream on top, and walaa...Instant Gratification! 

I can not get into cider.  I'm not sure anything would change my mind on that one.  I'm not into apple juice either.  Not a huge apple eater, although I do like me a Honey Crisp apple this time of year.  That's about it.