May 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Where are the trick or treaters?

We had a handful just after 3pm and haven't had any since. Where are all the kiddies??

Re: Where are the trick or treaters?

• The majority of the cities in our county did trick-or-treating Saturday night. Initially they reserved it for Sunday night, but changed it to Saturday night because that was what most of the surrounding cities and counties were doing and we are in the Bible belt here. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Whaat!? How can they change Halloween?
  • Oh we are use to it. We have 4th of July on the Thursday before 4th of July. It is ridiculous that they won't let us have holidays on the holiday itself. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image missgeorgiapeach:
    Oh we are use to it. We have 4th of July on the Thursday before 4th of July. It is ridiculous that they won't let us have holidays on the holiday itself. 

I agree 100%.  Some towns and cities did trick or treating Saturday and maybe even Friday.

We didn't do trick or treaters because I had to work all day and Adam went into work too.  Plus, Chloe would go apesh1t everytime to doordell rang.

<3 <3 "You know my name, not my story.
    You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through.
    If you were in my shoes, you'd fall the first step." <3 <3

• ours were sparatic too, we don't get too many kids, i got 2 more than last year. LOL.
  • We only got the few this afternoon, that's it. I'm stuck with a bag of candy now...
  • Not ONE trick-or-treater here! Crying I even saw a group of them walk RIGHT BY our place (we live in complex of townhouses). I had the front light on, a jack o' lantern lit up, and the front door cracked open! And they walked right by and went out into the bigger neighborhood!

Now I have three bags of fun-size peanut M&Ms and I am sad.

• The first year I lived in my house I had around 120 kids come for trick or treat.  Then I was unable to hand out candy for several years due to work.  Last year we had maybe 80 kids. This year less than 50.  I have 3 gallon ziplock bags full of candy left over.  The streets on either side of mine were packed with kids from what I hear.  They just seem to avoid our street :(
  • Our trick or treat was Thursday night from 6-8. We only had 16 kids, alot less than I thought we'd have.
    Two souls but a single thought; Two hearts that beat as one image
  • We had 6 total trick or treaters... 2 of them weren't even in costume :(  We DO live out in the country though, so that's why.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We live on the last cul-de-sac of about 6 in a row in our neighborhood so we didnt get too many. I still have about half of the candy I bought at home. It was fun though, we all were in lawn chairs in our drive ways with adult beverages passing out candy and hanging out.
  • We only had 11 toters last night!! I'm blaming it on the snowstorm though. It was a miserable night for Halloween.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image jehawley:
    We only had 11 toters last night!! I'm blaming it on the snowstorm though. It was a miserable night for Halloween.

You had snow on Halloween? That sucks!

Two souls but a single thought; Two hearts that beat as one image
  • We got absolutely no trick or treaters last night. Luckily I made Aaron buy candy that I will not eat. 
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/poohbare63/2011-09-09205308-1-1.jpg[/IMG]
  • We sure did. It's not unusual, all of my Halloween costumes as a kid were made to fit over a snowsuit. But the last few years have been warm-ish, so it was an extra shocker that it snowed yesterday!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We only had about 50 trick or treaters last night. Im really bummed cause our neighbors told us to expect a couple hundred kids so I stocked up on so much candy and now I dont know what to do with it all. Sad