May 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I can't decide...

I got a season pass to our local ski resort for this winter. Now I'm debating getting a new board... mine is old and very ugly, but it works fine. I've had it since like 7th grade! I also owe about 2 grand on my credit card. But the board I want is only 189 and it's over half off of the suggested retail! AND ITS SO PRETTY!!!!
Photobucket

Re: I can't decide...

• One side of me is saying go for it... but the other practical side of me is saying that you don't necessarily NEED a new one, and you already have 2 grand in credit card debt, so you probably shouldn't get it.  I'm no help.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • What stu said
    Two souls but a single thought; Two hearts that beat as one image
  • I say go for it and get a new one. The last one has lasted you a pretty long time and its time for a new one.
  • I know. That's my exact problem. Rawr!
    Photobucket
  • practical Sarah says, meh. Save the money. The Sarah that loves shiney new things says, "Whats another $189 on top of 2 grand???"

ugh. i'd probably tough it out. 

• I'm trying to tough it out. I'm trying REALLY HARD.
    Photobucket
  • I would say you need a new board for the new hair, the new you, being a cute snow bunny meeting hot sexy guys on the slope.

On the other hand your beat up board says I love this board, I love snow boarding! Look at me hot guy I am not trying to impress you kinda snow bunny! 

• I think I might do it guys. FREE SHIPPING COME ONNNNNNN

and hey I just paid my card down a lot, PLUS my dad is going to give me some money when he gets back from Mexico SO it'll practically be paid for PLUS I have a pair of boots and bindings I can sell on CL or ebay or something.

Photobucket
  • image pamila51510:

I would say you need a new board for the new hair, the new you, being a cute snow bunny meeting hot sexy guys on the slope.

I was going to tell you to do the money-wise thing and make an extra $189 payment towards the cc until Pam said this. Now I agree with her.

'Cause, dang, if there were ever a place to meet hot guys... snowboarding is IT! Happy hunting this winter. Wink

• OH SHIIT YES I totally ordered it. Free Shipping , no sales tax, and I googled coupons and got 5% off! (which saved me ten dollars!) YAY!!
    Photobucket
  • image hayleymajayley:
    OH SHIIT YES I totally ordered it. Free Shipping , no sales tax, and I googled coupons and got 5% off! (which saved me ten dollars!) YAY!!

Pic?

• Does that show up? My last board is basically ALL WHITE with three grey shapes at one end. SOOO PLAIN and boring and ugly!! I don't know if it's even a  girl's board so it'll be interesting having a girls board now, they are more flexible and easier to turn for us delicate thangs (just kidding, I'm not a small delicate lady lolz)
    Photobucket
  • Is Lamar a board brand?  I know nothing about snowboarding
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • It worked! Nice. Smile I would imagine that a girls' board would be more responsive overall, which could be fun!

I'm a very-occasional skiier, but my brother snowboards almost every day that conditions permit. I never mastered the whole sideways-motion thing; I fall flat on my face every time.

• Yes Stu, Lamar is the brand.

I started skiing pretty much when I could walk, my dad has always been super into skiing, and then when I was in 6th grade I tried snowboarding and fell in love, I've been boarding ever since!!  I haven't gone up much in the past few years, I didn't have a lot of friends that were really into it and Brandon didn't do either.. but now I've got my new board and my season pass and I'm ready to go up ALL the time! :)

Photobucket