Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Grey's Anatomy 10-29

I could see that ending coming, but how depressing. I mean seriously. Was it necessary to kill her off like that? It was like stomping on a butterfly.

And gee thanks for scaring me off of any type of minor surgery forever.

I didn't love this ep. The docu-style could have been interesting, but a lot of it felt contrived. Lexi constantly getting stuck at security? Why did that not happen to anyone else?  

I liked the getting-new-arms couple, though. And the peds story.

Re: Grey's Anatomy 10-29

• I thought this episode blew!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • So are Arizona and Callie gone for good now???  I didn't hear about either one of them leaving the show...did I miss something?
  • I know Arizona is pregnant again in RL so maybe she's going on maternity leave.  I thought this episode was so boring.  I'm about to stop watching Grey's.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Lexi used to be blonde for a while, so I'm assuming that's why she keep getting stuck.

I hated this episode. I hate the documentary type episodes and the fact that they killed Mandy Moore's character was horrible.

• image cmh06:
    I know Arizona is pregnant again in RL so maybe she's going on maternity leave.  I thought this episode was so boring.  I'm about to stop watching Grey's.

Agree!

image image
    October 2013 February Siggy Challenge: Valentine's Day Fail Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    EDD 10/3/13 BabyFetus Ticker
  • I thought it was interesting to see a different view on the hospital, the change in cinematography was a nice touch.

I liked when the doctors were really serious about the tattoo on the donor arm and the couple was like "omg nicole is my new favorite name! I'm changing my name to nicole! let's change our daughter's name to nicole!".

I feel like they are playing up Dr. Avery's issues as a second thought now, "oh... wait... he should be angry and throwing stuff too!"

As far as Cali and Arizona going to Africa... I'm pretty sure Cali is gonna freak out at the last minute and come back (if it's true that AZ is on maternity leave). Either that, or they will show bits and peices of them doing work there...?

I'm still pulling for Greys. I mean this is their 7th season and there are still fresh ideas and new plot twists. I'm excited for the next episode.

• I thought there was something wrong with Lexie's ID card and that's why she couldn't get through security.

I thought it was ridiculous that the doctors thought the guy with no arms would reject getting arms after waiting 4 years for a match over a small tattoo. Those things are removable. And wouldn't anyone rather have arms than decide to remain armless over a tattoo? 

I did think the documentary style filming was interesting though. 

• Yes, AZ is out on maternity leave now, but I also don't see Cali staying away for as long as she does??

I liked last night's episode.  Finally a Karev episode where you get to see him being awesome with the kids!  I feel like so much of the show is from the viewpoint of Meredith, so you never get to see other sides of people (I mean, how Meredith perceives them so that is how their character is shaped).  I'm so glad he's doing pediatrics.  He was so great singing to that little girl.

And I think Lexi's card was just not working, because it wouldn't swipe at that one door, so it also wouldn't clear her to go in the hospital, I guess. 

• Did anyone else notice that the wife of the guy with new arms was the same actress that attacked Violet in Private Practice? I understand re-using actors who are just patients, but that was a pretty significant character who was in a lot of episodes, and it isn't like they're separate shows- all their characters can cross over. So I thought that was weird.

I didn't like this episode much, overall. I hated that Mandy Moore died, and I will be VERY unhappy if both Callie and Arizona leave (unless they both definitely come back!) I actually enjoyed the documentary style of it, but it was just so boring.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I loved loved loved when Karev sang to that little girl to keep her calm.  I really like his character.

I didnt care for the documentary style, it was kind of making me dizzy - all the shakiness of the camera.

Mommy's little helper :) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I thought this episode was so... blah. I liked Karev's story and the arms couple but everything else was boring. And WTF with Callie and Arizona!? At least next week's episode looks like it should be good!
  • image AndreaB111:

Did anyone else notice that the wife of the guy with new arms was the same actress that attacked Violet in Private Practice? I understand re-using actors who are just patients, but that was a pretty significant character who was in a lot of episodes, and it isn't like they're separate shows- all their characters can cross over. So I thought that was weird.

Definitely. There are more actors in the world, get a new one. I liked Amanda Foreman more in the Grey's role, because she's cute/funny like that. But really, there are other actresses who could have done it. Shonda needs to stop casting her favorites!

• There are DOZENS of actors/actresses that have been on both PP and Greys as patients, Shonda does it regularly and it does irritate me but pretty much everything about Shonda irritates me.  It will be interesting to see if she uses all those folks on her new "doctors on a remote island" show debuting next year. 

I enjoyed the episode, but I keep very low expectations for Greys.  I love Karev and really enjoyed his storyline.  I totally cried when she took him to her class for show and tell! 

Arizona and Callie are not leaving the show, and I heard Arizona is only missing 3 episodes due to her maternity leave. 

Avery is yum.

Gretchen Evie, born 7/8/2012 at 35w5d
  • not everyone watches Private Practice.  I only watched the first episode. 

in plays - 1 actor may 2 different roles - you just suspend your disbelief.

I liked this episode - I cried when Mandy Moore died.  it was sad. 

• image rkto:

not everyone watches Private Practice.  I only watched the first episode. 

I think it's true that not everyone who watches Greys watches Private Practice, but I do think that a majority of people who watch Private Practice watch Greys.  So to have a MAJOR character on Private Practice come onto Greys was really weird IMO.  I get your "1 actor playing 2 roles" in plays, but you wouldn't have Hamlet also playing Claudius.  (ie, the hero and the villain)

Master of Disguise