Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Project Runway finale 10/28

I do not like this reunion being part of the finale. I usually don't watch reunions - all the awkward, uncomfortable confrontation after the fall-out of seeing what people actually said and did when the show airs.... it embarrasses me and I don't like watching it. But I don't want to miss any of the actual runway stuff, so I'm watching it.

Funny... people don't seem very happy with Gretchen and all her extensive confessionals. Surprise, surprise. 

ETA: All this Fairy Jobmother stuff is annoying as heck.

Re: Project Runway finale 10/28

• I agree with you.  I love a reunion show and PR reunion shows are my favorite however, it should be a separate show.  They have to fill 90 minutes.
    Don't worry, I'm working on it.
    Get it on!
  • Gretchen's collection is BOOOORING.  ::yawns and stretches::
    Get it on!
  • I agree, boring. I didn't hate it. But it was like a line that could be sold at Jc Penney's or something. It just wasn't very runway.

And what was she wearing? A leotard and a see through skirt? I thought that was an odd choice for such a nerve-wracking moment. 

• image ClaireHuxtable:
    Gretchen's collection is BOOOORING.  ::yawns and stretches::

OMG. It was horrible. If she wins I'm never watching this again!

Follow Me on Pinterest

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• The reunion part was a total rip-off.  They didn't even stir up any real dramz!  Gretchen's collection is as repellant as Gretchen is.  And she should put some damn pants on.

I'm still behind on my DVR...Andy's collection is just coming up. 

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/15dt561.jpg[/IMG]
  • I'm very worried that one of these models is going to get her eyes poked out by Andy's wiry headpieces.  They are bouncing around so much when they walk -- they must be petrified!
  • Uh oh.  Mondo kept the cupcake head-stuff.  Not working.  And sorry, but his fill-in model is *not* attractive.
  • I really loved Andy's collection. I loved the colors. I love the technique he uses, like the pleating and the weaved top that Heidi mentions. I loved the headpieces too. The judges didn't like them, but I thought they were fun for a runway show. I think his collection could have been a little more diverse - but I would like to wear almost all of his looks.

Mondo's collection is just so fun. I don't know how much of it I would wear, but I love to see it. It's such eye candy. I really don't know why Michael Kors doesn't like the polka-dot evening dress. I think it's amazing. I didn't think things were too teenager or too costumey at all. I think that's part of what is so amazing about what Mondo does. You'd think it would be too much, too costumey. But really each individual look is definitely bold, but still wearable. 

My pick would be Mondo for the win, Andy second, and Gretchen third. 

I do think all three deserved to be top three. After seeing Michael's collection on the Project Rungay blog, I think things did work out the way they should have.

I'm enjoying the extended discussion from the judges. I wish we got to hear this much from them every episode. It's nice getting so much explanation on their opinions. 

• Seriously?  I am so upset right now.  I'm pissed, really. 
    Get it on!
  • Oh for f$%*#&^$ sake.
  • I hate to say it, but once I saw the collections..I thought she would win.  I did not like her stuff.  So, clearly she would take it!! I guess we will see if I am right or not.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • okay so who won, my husband came down and changed the channel to watch some NFL show.
  • How does Gretchen have a distinct look you can pick out anywhere? Her designs could be sold at Chicos, minus those ridiculous panty pants.

That said, I saw this coming from the first episode. It's an annoying, inflammatory pick that nobody wanted, therefore, it had to happen. I think even Tim was taken aback.

• I expect to see Mondo looks in the future, maybe starting with Heidi wearing the polka-dot dress to some red carpet event.

I'll eat my shoe if we ever hear from Gretchen again. 

I actually thought Jessica Simpson had one of the best points of the entire discussion when she mentioned that Mondo will obviously continue to have new ideas. Gretchen created her ultimate 70s bohemian wardrobe that she herself would wear. Ok. What else can she come up with?

• image vxs0038:

image ClaireHuxtable:
    Gretchen's collection is BOOOORING.  ::yawns and stretches::

OMG. It was horrible. If she wins I'm never watching this again!

I'm never watching again.

Follow Me on Pinterest

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I really feel like if Mondo had 86'd the weird head pieces and reworked the long polka-dot dress after the initial judge's critique, he would have won.  That's all it would have taken.  Not only would getting rid of the headpieces have made his collection less fanciful/circus-y, but the judges are the ultimate narcissists who love feeling like the contestants are just famished for their input.  Gretchen gave that to them, Mondo didn't.

I agree he got robbed.  His was the only one of the 3 collections I re-wound the DVR to watch again.  I also think that if either Nina or Michael had been pulling for him in the 2vs2 opinion split (instead of Jessica Simpson) he would have won - ultimately I don't think they really listen to what the guest judge has to say. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    DS1 born June 2008 | m/c at 9w March 2011 | DS2 born April 2012
  • Sparrow, ITA about Andy's collection: I want everything. Every piece that came down, I said, I would wear that!

But, it did need some more extravagant pieces.

And also I agree with pp about Gretchen: she only designs what she herself would wear. It's like Danielle on Top Chef JD whining about how she can't cook for another palate other than her own. Hello, as a chef/designer, you have to learn how to work for another person's taste.

Incidentally I think Heidi should learn that as well: not all pregnant women are tall blond Amazons who look great in jeans coveralls.

• image SparrowSong:

I really loved Andy's collection. I loved the colors. I love the technique he uses, like the pleating and the weaved top that Heidi mentions. I loved the headpieces too. The judges didn't like them, but I thought they were fun for a runway show. I think his collection could have been a little more diverse - but I would like to wear almost all of his looks.

I was pleasantly surprised by how toned-down Andy's collection was.  I also loved it, and would wear almost everything from it.  The silver dress with the bead fringe, OMG, it was beautiful and so tasteful.  And the pants on the model he brought out on the runway with him were one of my favorites as well.  And the top with the rows of ruffles at the neckline was also beautiful.  The man can pleat, that's for sure.

• Does anyone know if there is a season 9 in the works? Or might this be it. I've been getting the feeling all season that Heidi was kind of over it. And they really did not make fans happy with this decision. I'm wondering if there would be any point to doing a season 9. I would watch. Even when I disagree with the judges, I still love this show. But last night was definitely a low spot in the show's history.

After reading the boards at TWOP, I wanted to mention a couple things. One, did they do the reunion before the final show for a reason? Did they already know they were going to pick Gretchen to win? Were the rest of the designers supporting a Mondo win?

Two, there were some suggestions that Andy got lazy and/or ran out of time for his final collection and did not actual design at least a few of his looks but copied them from pattern books. The weave front shirt that Heidi complimented was one of them. So there might be fall-out from that too, that a finalist competed without original work. 

• image kris216:

I was pleasantly surprised by how toned-down Andy's collection was.  I also loved it, and would wear almost everything from it.  The silver dress with the bead fringe, OMG, it was beautiful and so tasteful.  And the pants on the model he brought out on the runway with him were one of my favorites as well.  And the top with the rows of ruffles at the neckline was also beautiful.  The man can pleat, that's for sure.

I loved the silver dress too.

• I FF'd through all that reunion BS and the stuff with the job hunter lady.  Stoopid.