Fashion & Beauty

Halloween Hoes...

Here is what I am NOT going to do on halloween...wear as little clothing as possible and call it a "costume." 

Does this irritate anyone else?  I'm a 22 year old and almost every girl I know wears tiny little outfits on halloween and I'm so tired of it!!  They have no creativity, no humor.  I knew a girl who wrapped caution tape around her boobs and butt, threw on a construction hat and went as a construction worker one year.  Clever.

What happened to fashion?  What happened to making a statement with your outfit?  Well, a statement besides you wanting to get laid.

It's not that I'm uptight...I mean, I'm young and I own my fair share of mini skirts and short dresses.  Whatever.  But I dont go around exposing almost every single inch of my body on normal days or even crazy nights...why would I do it on halloween??

I just don't get it...

Re: Halloween Hoes...

• I'm not entirely sure why you felt the need to rant about that...Hmm  Just because you don't view those outfits as creative or humorous doesn't mean that other people won't appreciate it.  I've done my share of dirty ___ (insert job title here).  It's really not a big deal.   

To each his own.  It doesn't bother me because I view Halloween as an excuse to wear things that you'd never wear under normal circumstances.  So long as it's a consenting adult and not a child, I don't have a problem with it. 

• I'm with you. I'm also 22 and have no idea why some women don't put more creativity into their costumes. They go out and spend $60 bucks on something they'll wear once from a stripper store. I'm lucky in that Halloween has always been a huge deal in my family and my DH has kind of embraced it as well. We make out costumes together every year and I have never once - gone as a slutty anything.
    Just another day in never never land. Photobucket
  • I agree. I went costume shopping yesterday and about 99% of costumes for women are stripper worthy. It's frustrating. I don't want to look like a granny but I also don't want to look like I'm about to swing from a pole.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So, you joined the nest in 2008, you have 2 tickers, and this is your 3rd post ever?

Hmm.

Sorry, yes, you do sound uptight.

Who cares?

I've dressed as a "slutty whatever" when I was younger... now Halloween is all about my kid and dressing her up in cute outfits.

And sorry, but I don't think Halloween was ever about "fashion"...?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I agree...don't understand why some feel the need to bring out the inner slut just because it's Halloween...but to each her own! It's never something I've done, though.
    ~TTC Buddy to ebeneezer~
  • image The_Jen626:

So, you joined the nest in 2008, you have 2 tickers, and this is your 3rd post ever?

Hmm.

What difference does this make?

~TTC Buddy to ebeneezer~
  • I also dislike the slutty costumes.  I am not comfortable dressing like a stripper, and don't enjoy looking at other people dressed like strippers either.
    "If I'm goin' down, I'm goin' down loud." -John Evans Tweet me
  • I think everything has a place. If you are going somewhere this is the norm, go for it. Please just don't show up at my kindergardners fall festival dressed this way k?

I took my 5 year old with me today to look for something at the Costume store and I felt like I should have put him in blinders.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Eh - it doesn't bother me if others choose to dress that way. I wish it were easier to find a costume that wasn't slutty because I don't want to go to my aunt and uncle's Halloween party in next to nothing. But it just makes me get more creative in my search for a costume. 

But, seeing other girls in slutty costume doesn't upset me.  

• image eec129:
    image The_Jen626:

So, you joined the nest in 2008, you have 2 tickers, and this is your 3rd post ever?

Hmm.

It doesn't make a "difference" at all.  It's just a tad wierd that someone's first post EVER is about slutty Halloween costumes.  Probably someone didn't have the balls to say this under their real name, so made an AE.  Which is wierd, because this isn't really a flammable thing to say...

So, just... Hmmm.  Like I said earlier.

• image AmyDrinkie:
    I also dislike the slutty costumes.  I am not comfortable dressing like a stripper, and don't enjoy looking at other people dressed like strippers either.

I think that most of the girls in "slutty" outfits are going out dancing or clubbing, right?  At the clubs I've been to, girls wear skimpy outfits all the time...so for me it's not that much of a stretch to see them in a very skimpy outfit on Halloween.

Are you girls talking about seeing people wearing skanky costumes at the grocery store, or trick or treating wih their kids?  Because I haven't ever seen that, so I'm not getting what the issue is...?

• What bugs me is having to find a costume that not every other girl will be wearing, I dont like those out of the bag costumes. I don't mind them being sexy but I like to see some creativity into the costume, and I like it better when they are more realistic.

Some do go a little far with the barely there costumes tho..

• I don't like it either.  Halloween is just another excuse for people to dress slutty.  If the shoe fits...

• image lynny0780:

What bugs me is having to find a costume that not every other girl will be wearing, I dont like those out of the bag costumes. I don't mind them being sexy but I like to see some creativity into the costume, and I like it better when they are more realistic.

For Real!!! I like to look awesome and not like 10 other girls in the room. Flame away, but I usually dress on the risque side for Halloween. It's fun, I get to play a part, have some different sexy-time the Mr.Jigs, then go back to being boring old me. While I am young, I will have fun with it.

Last year, I won $100 for my costume at a strip club! And everything I wore was from my closet already, just paired it to the extreme.

What does aggrivate me is the 40+ woman wearing her sexy Alice in Wonderland costume walking down the bread aisle in Trader Joes 3 weeks before Halloween. She had no business in that outfit in the setting...

• image Jigs1114:
    image lynny0780:

What bugs me is having to find a costume that not every other girl will be wearing, I dont like those out of the bag costumes. I don't mind them being sexy but I like to see some creativity into the costume, and I like it better when they are more realistic.

For Real!!! I like to look awesome and not like 10 other girls in the room. Flame away, but I usually dress on the risque side for Halloween. It's fun, I get to play a part, have some different sexy-time the Mr.Jigs, then go back to being boring old me. While I am young, I will have fun with it.

Last year, I won $100 for my costume at a strip club! And everything I wore was from my closet already, just paired it to the extreme.

What does aggrivate me is the 40+ woman wearing her sexy Alice in Wonderland costume walking down the bread aisle in Trader Joes 3 weeks before Halloween. She had no business in that outfit in the setting...

Seriously!  It's fun, who cares?  If you have the body for it, then do it!

• the same skanky girls running around 1/2 naked are the same ones that go half naked as soon as the temp. hits 70 degrees in the spring.

There are ways to be sexy and classy at the same time. Putting your behind and boobs on display is never classy.

• image The_Jen626:

image AmyDrinkie:
    I also dislike the slutty costumes.  I am not comfortable dressing like a stripper, and don't enjoy looking at other people dressed like strippers either.

I think that most of the girls in "slutty" outfits are going out dancing or clubbing, right?  At the clubs I've been to, girls wear skimpy outfits all the time...so for me it's not that much of a stretch to see them in a very skimpy outfit on Halloween.

Are you girls talking about seeing people wearing skanky costumes at the grocery store, or trick or treating wih their kids?  Because I haven't ever seen that, so I'm not getting what the issue is...?

I couldn't tell you where they are going, b/c I don't have friends who dress like that, and my clubhopping days ended long ago.

To your other point, yes, I have seen women dressed like hookers ToTing with their kids on Halloween - hobbling down the street in their 7" lucite stilettos with their T&A hanging out in 40 degree weather.  They just look ridiculous.

"If I'm goin' down, I'm goin' down loud." -John Evans Tweet me
  • image Jigs1114:

Flame away, but I usually dress on the risque side for Halloween. It's fun, I get to play a part, have some different sexy-time the Mr.Jigs, then go back to being boring old me. While I am young, I will have fun with it.

No flames here!  You're only young once why not have fun with it one day out of the year?

I also won a contest contest ($100) at a gay club last year! I used to love going to the Halloween parade in the village in NYC but since moving to the West Coast, we found a very similar but much smaller one!

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Well, sometimes it's fun to get laid, you know?

Signed,

shopgirl_07 who, at almost 37, can't really pull off slutty anymore but sure enjoyed it when she was younger. Oh well.

• eh, I just prefer to sit back in my mom jeans and people watch.....and laugh.  Some people just really need more attention than others and Halloween is a perfect excuse to get it.  Cheers!  WGAF.
  • Halloween = anything goes. I prefer seeing people in creative, funny, or truly scary costumes. I'm impressed with the artistic talent that some people have.

Newlyweds since 2007
  • image AmyDrinkie:
    image The_Jen626:

image AmyDrinkie:

I couldn't tell you where they are going, b/c I don't have friends who dress like that, and my clubhopping days ended long ago.

To your other point, yes, I have seen women dressed like hookers ToTing with their kids on Halloween - hobbling down the street in their 7" lucite stilettos with their T&A hanging out in 40 degree weather.  They just look ridiculous.

Ew! Yeah, i haven't seen that! I've only seen the skanky costumes when I used to go out clubbing, and both men and women dressed skanky!
  • Haha, sorry about that...I actually have really never had time to be that into The Nest, but I had a boring work day and I had time to post so this is what came out.  I'm not sure how that makes me uptight, but okay?

I actually was reading all these posts from women that are a tad bit older than me and they had all these COOL outfits and I was just thinking that if I wore that around most girls my age they just wouldn't get it lol I guess maybe it's just a strange time of growing up a little more :)

But thanks for your input!

• I am being a Stripper for Halloween.

• image SoInLove2009:

the same skanky girls running around 1/2 naked are the same ones that go half naked as soon as the temp. hits 70 degrees in the spring.

There are ways to be sexy and classy at the same time. Putting your behind and boobs on display is never classy.

I'm side eyeing this.  You do realize that 90% of the clothing sold at Express puts boobs, butt or both on display, right? 

• Eh, who cares.  I have seen some very creative skanky outfits.  Come to Fantasy Fest in Key West where body paint is considered clothing and it will open your eyes to slutty.  Most are great costumes though!  One of my favorites last year was 2 girls who had donuts on their boobs and Krispy Kreme hats made into a skirt. Call me crazy, but I find that creative!  It's one day a year, you get to dress up and play someone else.  Have fun with it, don't judge others for their costume choice.

• image shopgirl_07:

Well, sometimes it's fun to get laid, you know?

Signed,

shopgirl_07 who, at almost 37, can't really pull off slutty anymore but sure enjoyed it when she was younger. Oh well.

FTW!

Big SmileCrying

• Haha, you probably wouldn't enjoy the Halloween party I'm planning to attend, which is being referred to as "Slutpocalypse." My friends who are hosting it think that it's funny how all the girls use Halloween as an excuse to show off the goods, so they decided to just call it what it is and have fun with it! I'm going as a Victoria's Secret Angel complete with heels, stockings, a garter belt, and tiny black lace nightie. And, of course, enormous white wings! I've never bought anything like that before and I had a blast shopping for it. I'm looking forward to strutting myself and seeing what the other girls come up with.

To each her own. :-)

• image MissChelsea:

Haha, you probably wouldn't enjoy the Halloween party I'm planning to attend, which is being referred to as "Slutpocalypse." My friends who are hosting it think that it's funny how all the girls use Halloween as an excuse to show off the goods, so they decided to just call it what it is and have fun with it! I'm going as a Victoria's Secret Angel complete with heels, stockings, a garter belt, and tiny black lace nightie. And, of course, enormous white wings! I've never bought anything like that before and I had a blast shopping for it. I'm looking forward to strutting myself and seeing what the other girls come up with.

To each her own. :-)

OMG I want to come to this party! Yes How fun!

*shrug* I like dressing like a slut at Halloween. It's fun. It's not like I do it every day.  

• m+jm+j member
    image The_Jen626:
    image eec129:
    image The_Jen626:

Hmm.

It doesn't make a "difference" at all.  It's just a tad wierd that someone's first post EVER is about slutty Halloween costumes.  Probably someone didn't have the balls to say this under their real name, so made an AE.  Which is wierd, because this isn't really a flammable thing to say...

So, just... Hmmm.  Like I said earlier.

I just figured she posted to try to draw people to her blog that's prominently displayed in her siggy and her bio. Wink

I am not sporting a "sexy" costume for the first time in years, mainly because I am still sporting some pregnancy poundage!  I live in Vegas.  If you don't wear a costume that involves some form of sexy, you are the odd one, not everyone else.  Kidding of course, but it is very common here.  

Pregnancy Ticker