Toledo Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

ZOMG expensive shipping charges

The play kitchen we finally decided on for J, is ONLY available at TRU and is ONLY available online. Shipping charges are $45! Right now there is free shipping up to $20, so it would just take $20 off the shipping, on Sunday the kitchen goes onsale for $20 off. I'm taking my chances and waiting till Sunday to order it in the hopes that they will still have the free shipping. I'm not really losing out on anything because I'll still get at least $20 off whether I order Friday or Sunday. But seriously BRU/TRU shipping charges are ridiculous compared to other sites.

Re: ZOMG expensive shipping charges

• Can you order it in the store and have it shipped there? I know some places do that and it's cheaper, but if you have to make a trip in to order it and another to pick it up I guess you wouldn't be saving much money anyway.
    photo adc1b349-75aa-4c83-be65-c47ed9748932_zps1c624b1d.jpg
  • They only let you order online and have it delivered to you. I thought about doing in store pick up but it has to be offered in the store, so that isn't an option
  • Yes they are...I was looking at furniture there and about died when I found out how much shipping was.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think Target has gawd awful shipping charges too.  Did you try retailmenot.com for a code?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That's nuts!!  Can we see the cute kitchen you chose? :)   It's awesome the stuff they have out now!

Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4130540

This is the one we are planning on getting, we really wanted something that both kids would be able to play with together and this one just seemed more fun since it's like a grocery store/bakery and kitchen all in one

• So funny! I found one at Kmart this morning & shipping was $90!!!! Really? I changed my mind on it! HaHa. 

I LOVE that one you like! I have never seen it! Adorable! I might look into that instead. The one I wanted was $175 so pretty comparable. Have you seen it in person?
  • It's online only and it's a new item, so I have never seen it in person anywhere
  • image houndbaby:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4130540

This is the one we are planning on getting, we really wanted something that both kids would be able to play with together and this one just seemed more fun since it's like a grocery store/bakery and kitchen all in one

That is ADORABLE!!!   And it is definitely super-cool that it's like a store and a kitchen in one!!  

• Ok, so I'm bored at work and I went to Step2's website to see if there were any other retailers you might be able to try. (Because seriously, that kitchen is TOO cute and $45 is ridiculous!!)  At first I couldn't even FIND that particular kitchen, but it seems to be because TRU has given it a different name than what Step2 calls it....   probably to prevent you from finding it or something, hah!

Anyhoo... I found that Playground World in Maumee is a retailer, so you might be able to try there.  OR, it looks like they sell direct, with free shipping! :)

http://www.step2.com/product.cfm?product_id=1662

• image Merin:

Ok, so I'm bored at work and I went to Step2's website to see if there were any other retailers you might be able to try. (Because seriously, that kitchen is TOO cute and $45 is ridiculous!!)  At first I couldn't even FIND that particular kitchen, but it seems to be because TRU has given it a different name than what Step2 calls it....   probably to prevent you from finding it or something, hah!

Anyhoo... I found that Playground World in Maumee is a retailer, so you might be able to try there.  OR, it looks like they sell direct, with free shipping! :)

You're awesome Merin! I was able to find it several places under that other name, they even have it on Amazon!

• image houndbaby:
    image Merin:

Ok, so I'm bored at work and I went to Step2's website to see if there were any other retailers you might be able to try. (Because seriously, that kitchen is TOO cute and $45 is ridiculous!!)  At first I couldn't even FIND that particular kitchen, but it seems to be because TRU has given it a different name than what Step2 calls it....   probably to prevent you from finding it or something, hah!

You're awesome Merin! I was able to find it several places under that other name, they even have it on Amazon!

YAY!! :) :)