North Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Where are....

All of the jax ladies that were pregnant w/ me (i had my daughter in july)? KristinandAdam (we were on the knot together so i always remember her) and there were more but i can't remember there screennames. Anyway, if you all still post here, give me some updates.

For me: I had my daughter in July (she was #4). The delivery was pretty easy (which it should have been w/ #4.lol.), it was like 3 hr. long. She was 7lb 15oz but muuuch bigger now and adjusting has been pretty simple, the kids have adjusted to a new baby pretty well. I'm still trying to readjust my schedule b/c our oldest started kindergarten this year and i'm still waking w/ the baby every 3-4 hours....Can we say, my son has been late occassionally and it's only the beginning of the school year.LOL.

Re: Where are....

• they don't post here anymore.

:( sorry. they may still lurk though.

• ...but, welcome back! We're happy to have you here.
  • Aww, too bad. Thanks!
  • oh! & welcome! back? lol sorry! I wasnt meaning to be rude when I said my previous post :)
  • Hey - one of the girls told me you were looking for me :) Most of the regulars bailed a few months ago due to some not so wonderful things going on around here.  Had nothing to do with the influx of newbies though, we've always been super welcoming.

I'm doing great!  B was born June 23rd and is an absolute blessing.  I never knew it was possible to love someone SO much. 

The labor/delivery was amazing and exactly what I wanted - totally med-free and with the doctor that I loved.  He was 9lb, 9oz and 22 inches.  Totally not on a schedule at all - he runs the show around here, eats when he wants.. sleeps when he wants.  He sleeps through the night sometimes, sometimes he doesn't.. lol 

I went through a bit of a rough patch with breastfeeding - got a nasty case of mastitis, ended up having bilateral breast surgery to remove abscesses.. I'm back to BFing though and everything is wonderful.  B is growing like a weed and is such a great little guy!  There are lots of pictures in my blog - [link deleted]

I'm so glad to hear that things are good with you!

image image
    imageimage
  • That's awesome Kristin! He is absolutely adorable. I'm glad to hear that BFing is going well now, i'm nursing as well and it's going pretty good except i'm not sure where my body ends and the baby's begin. LOL. She's definately running everything...but my house has been run by kids for a loong timeBig Smile