Decorating & Renovating

Tips to avoid brush strokes while painting cabinets?

any ideas would be helpful before I begin this project!

Re: Tips to avoid brush strokes while painting cabinets?

• If possible, I'd use a roller instead.

• If you really don't want any brush strokes I would invest in a high end roller with a teeny tiny twill. I used one to paint my aluminum doors outside and got no marks, whatsoever.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Paint a couple thin coats rather than one thick coat. Also, keep in mind that most paint is self-leveling and should even out as it dries.

28 years baby free!

[My Bio] [LolaBlog]
  • Roll the flat parts. Only use a brush in the crevices (if there are any).  That's what we did and they turned out nice.
  • I've been researching this too because we want to paint our cabinets an d I keep seeing that people invest in paint sprayer guns.   It is supposed to go on much more evenly and look flawless.  I'm not sure how much one of those suckers are though.
  • I think the spray gun would be wayyyy more mess and effort than it's worth.

28 years baby free!

[My Bio] [LolaBlog]
  • I also use a roller and only use a brush in the crevices. However, I wouldn't use the foam rollers. I did that once, and there are telltale spongey marks on the paint. I might be the only person who notices it, though.
  • I started using Sherwin Williams ProClassic paint for doors and shelves because of the stickiness that regular latex leaves on shelves.  It does a really good job resisting brush strokes, so I highly recommend it for anything you'll be doing with mostly brushing.  You can't seen any strokes in my doors or entire wall of shelves.
  • I painted our cabinets to match.  I had to go over each area a few times to get plenty of paint so the strokes would show.  Also try to keep everything even.  GL!
    My sweet boy
    imageimage