Married Life

So, I made the much talked about "Crack Dip" today.

Chicken Buffalo wings - Good
Cheese - Good
Ranch - Good
Cream cheese - Good

Combined - Ick!

Man, oh man, I couldn't even look at it.

I didn't use actual chicken wings, I used 2 chicken breasts because the recipe called for canned chicken and I can't even begin to think what canned chicken tastes like.  I made it following the recipe to the letter and now it's in a covered bowl in the fridge because I'm giving it to my BIL. He'll eat anything.

Re: So, I made the much talked about "Crack Dip" today.

• I've never tried it. Just looking at the recipe makes me sick to my stomach. Blech.
  • The very thought of this grosses me out. Glad I'm not the only one...
  • I make one with cream cheese, bleu cheese, hot sauce, cheddar, and shredded chicken. It's DELICIOUS.

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • image salimoo:
    I make one with cream cheese, bleu cheese, hot sauce, cheddar, and shredded chicken. It's DELICIOUS.

moo's is delicious (thatswhatshesaid)

also, beer dip is amazing.

dip dip dip

dipperooni

• #1, canned chicken tastes fine.  It's not to be used as a main course, but it sounds like it'd be delish in the dip. 
    Forget-Me-Nots: Alaska State Flower
  • Moo's dip is VERY delicious even though it looks a little bit like vomit.  (That's not what she said.)

But the ressypee for "Crack Dip" is not what you posted.  Crack Dip is the following:
    1 block of cream cheese, softened
    1 bag of shredded cheese, mild or sharp
    1 16 oz. jar of sour cream
    2 or 3 oz bacon pieces (I buy the Hormel brand and the jar is exactly what you need, 2 or 3 oz, that is the way it comes and pieces not bits)
    1 cup of chopped green onions

Combine all ingredients
    Put in oven safe dish
    Cover in foil
    Bake on 350* for 35-45 min

"That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • image flexiblebride:
    #1, canned chicken tastes fine.  It's not to be used as a main course, but it sounds like it'd be delish in the dip. 

Disagree. Most canned chicken has a spongy texture that makes me Ick!. I just poach some chicken breasts and shred it with forks. I've also bought a small rotisserie chicken and pulled the meat off, but that was way more work than poaching them.

• Every time someone posts this recipe, I just winch at the thought of eating or making it.  But I hate cream cheese and ranch almost as much as I hate mayo.
  • image salimoo:
    I make one with cream cheese, bleu cheese, hot sauce, cheddar, and shredded chicken. It's DELICIOUS.

That's the one I made.  From Allrecipe.com

This recipe made the rounds on the Nest a few years back and everyone called it Crack Dip because it was supposed to be addicted.

CRACK IS WHACK.

• image CaliopeSpidrman:

Moo's dip is VERY delicious even though it looks a little bit like vomit.  (That's not what she said.)

But the ressypee for "Crack Dip" is not what you posted.  Crack Dip is the following:
    2 or 3 oz bacon pieces (I buy the Hormel brand and the jar is exactly what you need, 2 or 3 oz, that is the way it comes and pieces not bits)

Combine all ingredients
    Put in oven safe dish
    Cover in foil

WOW!  THAT RECIPE SOUNDS AWESOME!

Seriously, I'm going to print this out and make a batch this weekend.

Forget-Me-Nots: Alaska State Flower
  • I like ranch  but this dip sounds gross to me.

• image flexiblebride:
    image CaliopeSpidrman:

Moo's dip is VERY delicious even though it looks a little bit like vomit.  (That's not what she said.)

Combine all ingredients
    Put in oven safe dish
    Cover in foil

WOW!  THAT RECIPE SOUNDS AWESOME!

Seriously, I'm going to print this out and make a batch this weekend.

I got that recipe from Cali and people do in fact freak the fuuk out over it.  I also liked to call it baked potato dip, because it reminds me of the toppings for a baked potato.  Well.  Plus cream cheese.  

• I've read so much about this dip and this summer I was at a party and it was served. One taste and I was like " what the heck is so great about this"?  Plus that was the opinon of most people around me!

( and I like almost ALL food!)

• image Mrs.H.:

I've read so much about this dip and this summer I was at a party and it was served. One taste and I was like " what the heck is so great about this"?  Plus that was the opinon of most people around me!

Something must be off or something because I have yet to encounter someone who doesn't love it. This is the exact one I use: http://www.grouprecipes.com/31522/buffalo-chicken-dip.html

• image salimoo:
    image Mrs.H.:

I've read so much about this dip and this summer I was at a party and it was served. One taste and I was like " what the heck is so great about this"?  Plus that was the opinon of most people around me!

Something must be off or something because I have yet to encounter someone who doesn't love it. This is the exact one I use: http://www.grouprecipes.com/31522/buffalo-chicken-dip.html

Maybe it's the Cheddar cheese that's used in the Allrecipe recipe?  I don't know.  I don't think I'll try it again. 

Booo.

• Anything with blue cheese and hot sauce together tastes awful.  I can't understand enjoying it unless you've already burned off all of your more discerning and sensitive taste buds. 

Now Caliope's recipe on a baked potato sounds good. 

• Did you make it in the crockpot? Mixing it all on the stovetop, letting it cool in the fridge overnight, and then reheating it in the crockpot makes it taste SOOOOO good. I make this dip for family gatherings all the time and it never lasts.

Also, I have made it with canned chicken and regular shredded chicken and I think the canned chicken makes a better dip. Yes, it looks gross, but the canned chicken mixes much better, IMO. 

I also like the ranch better than blue cheese, even though I don't like ranch but love blue cheese. Weird.

• i am very specific about my crack dip:

chicken (i use breasts too)
    cream cheese
    ranch (not blue cheese!)
    sharp cheddar
    hot sauce

kept warm.

it is disgusting - but it tastes so good.  the first time i made it i made it for H and his friends and i ended up eating most of it!  lol

the other thing is that i find the directions for cooking this are never long enough.  i bake it for about 40 minutes, not 20.  it must be super hot.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image babubhatt:

i am very specific about my crack dip:

cream cheese
    ranch (not blue cheese!)
    sharp cheddar
    hot sauce

kept warm.

it is disgusting - but it tastes so good.  the first time i made it i made it for H and his friends and i ended up eating most of it!  lol

the other thing is that i find the directions for cooking this are never long enough.  i bake it for about 40 minutes, not 20.  it must be super hot.

Maybe I'm just not meant to like this stuff because those are the ingredients I used.

I'm not meant to like chocolate either.  It's a curse.

• I don't want to hunt for the recipe the next time I'm on the nest.
  • 2, or possibly 3, of those ingredients make me gag all by themselves. I can't imagine the chaos that would ensue with my stomach if I were to combine them all. 

I'll just have a bowl of melted cheese, please. 

• image salimoo:
    image Mrs.H.:

I am the same way. Everytime I make it people get all crazed and continue to fill up their plates with it all night. But I can't do canned chicken with it. It has to be real chicken.

It does look like vom but it takes like heaven.

• image babubhatt:

i am very specific about my crack dip:

cream cheese
    ranch (not blue cheese!)
    sharp cheddar
    hot sauce

kept warm.

This is the way I make it too.  I like bleu cheese, but the dip is much better with ranch.  ! DH is picky and weird overall about food, so he won't eat celery and says it tastes disgusting on tortilla chips.  He eats it straight out of the bowl with a spoon.