Pets

Does your dog ever get shit stuck in their ass?

Or are we the only lucky ones?

Harley has this issue on occasion and now Lucy did tonight. Poor thing. She came in and scooted (on my berber carpet...) so we went back outside. She was uncomfortable and couldn't get it off.

So, in the sink she went. DH armed himself with the water sprayer and donned the plastic gloves. NASTY. It was all just stuck all in there?

Now her poor bum is red and raw and irritated but I don't know what else we can do for her. She seems more comfortable now, though. 

What causes this problem? Does it have anything to do with anal glands or is it just random poop issues? 

Re: Does your dog ever get shit stuck in their ass?

• Oh - can I just say that I love that the Nest let my title through! I figured it would be censored =)
  • yes. well, not the dog so much as El Gato.

(she has lots of pointy bits when you have to chase her around w/ baby-wipes too...)

No idea why, vet gave us no answers.

(and we ass-wipe at LEAST weekly.0

• LT has a terrible habit of eating pieces of my hair off of the bathroom floor when I blow dry it. What goes in, must come out! He has days when he goes to poop and a piece gets stuck because it is attached to a hair that is still in his ass! I have to pull it out (with a fully gloved hand!) because he can't get it to come out! So gross!!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    She's Forever Ours! Finaliaztion-12.26.12Image and video hosting by TinyPic http://hehasaplanforus.blogspot.com/
  • Yes shit and ass are okay but bi%ch isnt.

Are they getting little turds stuck to their hair?

Bella and Luna have a problem with LICKING my hair so then they end up eating some from time to time.  If they are trying to poop out one of my hairs and its stuck in their butt (sometimes a turds at the end, sometimes not) they FREAK out and scoot around trying to get the hair out of their butt.  Its really fun to sit their and pull your own hair out of your dogs ass.  But ever since I cut my hair short, we havnt really had this problem lol

• Yes. :( Holds head in shame... 

It's generally grass, my doggers think they're cows or something. The leftover dangling pooppackets are a whole 'nother issue...

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We've had this happen one time because Delilah ate some string (yes, i know it's very unsafe). 

Samson has regular "sanitary shaves".  The first couple times I took him to have it done but now DH and I do it.  He can't help it he has fluffy hair around his butt, so DH and I trim the hair shorter around it to avoid having poop stuck in it. It's no fun to trim him but it's better than finding him walking around with poop stuck to his butt/tail.

• Oh the last vet I worked at, we called those potty patches! 
  • I'm so glad we're not alone!

She like had it stuck in there - like couldn't get it the rest of the way out so her poor anus was inflammed and sore.

Two of mine have grooming issues on occasion, too.

Thankfully none eat my hair!

• image sway26:

Yes shit and ass are okay but bi%ch isnt.

Are they getting little turds stuck to their hair?

Bella and Luna have a problem with LICKING my hair so then they end up eating some from time to time.  If they are trying to poop out one of my hairs and its stuck in their butt (sometimes a turds at the end, sometimes not) they FREAK out and scoot around trying to get the hair out of their butt.  Its really fun to sit their and pull your own hair out of your dogs ass.  But ever since I cut my hair short, we havnt really had this problem lol

LOL!

i have a horse, and i've had to... umm... clean his hiney before.  joy.  (no issues with the dogs yet, thank goodness.)