Caribbean Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

so jens-a-chop

how's the new gig?

what's the new gig?

Book Review Blog

If I were a man (or fitty) I'd totally call my penis THE WIZARD - HappyTummy

Re: so jens-a-chop

• Sorry babe, I didn't see this before!

The new gig is really awesome. I've only been there a month, but the women I work with are awesome and it's a kickass organization to work for. I'm a Program Coordinator in the College of Commerce at a university. I'm in a relatively small department of the college, which is nice because I've gotten to know my co-workers pretty quickly. I get to take on some of my own projects right away, which I'm really looking forward to. I'm a happy camper.

Whatever happened with all of the career stuff that was going on with you and Mr.Mod? Did Mr.Mod take that awesome pay, lame travel job? And wasn't there a sweet gig offering you some big bucks to come work for them? Am I totally off on all of the details of these things? Catch me up.

ps. Why jens_a_chop?

pps. I always forget about how my name rubs some people the wrong way since they don't know the backstory. Someone on ML told me today that it makes them want to punch me in the face. How rude. 

• Jens, I don't remember the backstory. Share?

Also, can someone who watches SNL tell me if the people in motherslittlehelper's sig are supposed to be fighting or flirting? I can almost read it either way and it's freaking me out, man. 

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • I think I've seen that skit, but I can't remember the context. I'm of no help.

My coworkers at my old office held office olympics. I scored perfect tens in one of the games, because of my sweet skills, and that translated to my coworkers calling me "Jen's-a-ten!" for the day.That same day happened to be the day I joined the knot, so I just mindlessly used that. I didn't consider that I'd become part of the chat boards and that the name would come across like me being an egotistical d-bag. But now it's been my name for so long and I'm attached to it. So whateva whateva, I do what I want.

• I think you wrongfully assumed that anyone here knew that backstory.

I am not bothered by your name, just that I had no idea what it meant.

"As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • I didn't know the backstory either.  But I always thought it was funny and sort of tongue-in-cheek, "that's right...I'm a 10.  Suck it"
    image Mabel the Loser.
  • MLH's sig makes me very happy. Awesome skit that D and I regularly quote. For the record, they are NOT flirting.
  • Well you are Canadian so I always assumed you were a 10.

And now I can start stocking you at work....

• I've told the story before, NO ONE EVER LISTENS TO ME.

But, as everyone knows, I AM a ten, so I guess it just works out.

You know it J&J. And you and your nice rack can feel free to stalk me anytime. 

• Jens, you have not told us the story.  I know because I remember everything because I have a mind like a....you know...what are those thingies called that stuff can't escape from?  One of those.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • I have definitely heard this story. I think it was back when we were still on AFSB. Tasty or somebody was irritated by her name and all "you're stupid and think too highly of yourself" and she told the story.
  • jens-a-chop. i called you that as an homage to your vagina chop days.

glad job is good.

Mr. Mod took new job and travels lots and I luxuriate in my weekday widowhood.

I asked fancy pants company for obscene amount of money. Internal recruiter girl said sure. Then she called me back and said, "Hey how about 2k more than you make now, a 5% larger bonus potential and stock options in our wildly overvalued company? But you'll lose your pension and your free healthcare and have a shittier commute than your current shittay commute." I said, thanks but no thanks.

Book Review Blog

• Buddha is a true friend who listens.

Mod, I am glad that you said no dice to the new job, and instead get to enjoy Mr. Mod making more money while you get more alone time.  Heith has been helping his parents harvest every day after work this week, and  I have to say, as much  I as  I think he's great, being by myself from 6-10 in the evenings is fantastic.

• The fact that Buddha is the only one who remembers this story leads me to believe that you told it on P&E.
  • Whatever, Cali. It doesn't matter because I am changing my name to Nachos O'Nippleslip. Hopefully you'll remember me.
  • Dude you never shared the story of your name on ney, afb, sb, or the islands

Book Review Blog

• How 'bout you change your name to Vanilla Ice, punk?
  • image CaliopeSpidrman:
    How 'bout you change your name to Vanilla Ice, punk?

You son of a...