Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I am a scientist and a hater.

I met a girl recently who said she was studying Reiki and her class is talking about volunteering at a shelter to Reiki on the animals.  I just imagine a bunch of dogs with people almost petting them, just wishing they could have some human contact that day. 

Anyone want to join my hater club?  I have a right to be grouchy- I am home sick Smile

No amount of education could convince Betty to be nice to possums

Re: I am a scientist and a hater.

• I am going to believe that before and after they reiki the dogs they will pet them to make sure they are comfortable. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image samara826:
    I am going to believe that before and after they reiki the dogs they will pet them to make sure they are comfortable. 

They do. At least at ACCT (or, they did, before they were basically run out of the shelter when the SPCA took over). They walked the dogs and everything. The school on Fourth Street even offered discounted classes in Reiki for volunteers who wanted to learn it.  

• Oh good.

• image karenttrouble:

I met a girl recently who said she was studying Reiki and her class is talking about volunteering at a shelter to Reiki on the animals.  I just imagine a bunch of dogs with people almost petting them, just wishing they could have some human contact that day. 

Anyone want to join my hater club?  I have a right to be grouchy- I am home sick Smile

I have no idea what this is! Can someone help?

Edited to fix ! to ?

Visit The Nest!
    5 cats. 1 baby.Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Im really into natural stuff and Im probably going to take a Reiki class with Manny to help him chill out b/c of his epilepsy.  Its a lot different than what you're thinking, I promise.

~This coming from the crazy semi-crunchy lady who has done yoga with her dogs and uses essential oils on them and wants to go to a chiropractic workshop with them too, so I might be biased Stick out tongue 

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • image Kaiene:
    image karenttrouble:

I have no idea what this is! Can someone help?

Edited to fix ! to ?

It's a form of energy work, to keep the good energy flowing and loosen any "stuck" energy.  It's a form of healing.  They do this a lot with humans as well.  It's pretty neat! 

• I'm supposed to be one of those cruchy types too since I'm a vegan and spend so much time working for my food co-op.  But, I'm passionate about randomized controlled trials as a way of proving a treatment is safe and effective (I work for a Pharma).