Caribbean Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Deviled egg recipe?

So, a couple of days ago, a friend disclosed to me he had never tried deviled eggs before. I found this unacceptable and offered to make him some this weekend. I've never made these delicious things before. There are various recipes online, but I thought I would check and see if you ladies had a good one.  

Thanks and happy egging.

Re: Deviled egg recipe?

• I will email my mom for her's. I could eat a million of them.
  • mmm, I LOOOVE deviled eggs.  I just go online to allrecipes and try those.  I've done a standard mustardy one, a horseradishy one, and an avacado one which is good but probably not for a first timer.

tip if you've never made them before: put the insides in a ziplock freezer bag, snip off the corner, and pipe them in the shells.  it will be prettier.  Also before you hardboil the eggs, if you put them on their sides (instead of vertical like in the carton) the yolk should settle closer to the middle and you'll have nice little egg cups to hold the delicious insides.

• I usually just make up the recipe as I go along, but almost always include mayo, dry mustard, celery salt, and paprika.  Sometimes I do really, really finely chopped celery but I like a smooth filling better.
  • Recipes?

Egg insides + mayo + mustard.  I just eyeball it.

"As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • I like smooth filling too. I just make them up as I go usually too, but a mild and simple recipe is mayo, salt, dill, and then a little bit of mustard. pepper or whatever if you want a little kick.

Yum, I lub eggs.

• I get my filling smooth by food processing everything together.  the smoother, the better IMO.
  • I'm pretty sure there's vomit somewhere in the recipe.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • image CaliopeSpidrman:
    I'm pretty sure there's vomit somewhere in the recipe.

Shamon.

I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • I also devised a healthier version of deviled eggs that replaces the mayonnaise component with low fat cottage cheese.  The flavor is not quite the same, but close enough if you're worried about fatty fat assedness.
    "As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • Deviled eggs have curry. That's what makes them "deviled".

Love, Martha Stewart

I also sub cayenne pepper for the paprika. Woo!

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • I admit that my recipe is the pusssy version of deviled eggs. It's for wimps who don't like spicy.
  • 6 hard boiled eggs, halved

1/4 cup mayo

1/4tsp salt

Dash pepper

2tsp mustard

1 tsp minced onion

Paprika

Remove egg yolk and mash up. Combine with remaining ingredients and continue to mash. Refill egg whites using a pastry tube (if you want). Chill. Sprinkle tops with paprkia