Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Let's talk about engagement rings.

2»

Re: Let's talk about engagement rings.

• I think they are replaceable, it is not like you are no longer married or can never get another ring if you lost it.  With that being said, the diamond in my ring has been in my family for over 100 years, so if something did happened to it I would be extremely upset.  There is just so much history behind that diamond and I want to wear it forever and pass it down to my kids like it has been passed down through the generations.

My wedding band however is just something I bought that looked nice with my e-ring and fit in our budget, sure I would not be thrilled if I lost that, since it was what we exchanged on our wedding day, but I could get a new one no problem.  I actually hope to someday upgrade my band, when we have a bit more money, maybe for a big anniversary or something (I would still keep my current band, I would just wear the new one). 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just wanted to clarify something.

I would never in a million years upgrade my diamond just for the heck of it. Only if I would have lost the ring entirely. If there were some way to retrieve it and keep it, I would put it in the same setting. I absolutely LOVE my ring. I still look at it and get goose bumps. 

image ~~~Jan 31st, 2010. Back together again.~~~
  • Bands around my engagement ring, yes. Setting for engagement ring, yes. But my center diamond was DH's grandmother's. E's Mom wore the center diamond in her engagement ring and then it became mine and we had it reset. To me the center diamond means more than the entire ring, so no it's not replaceable. I would be crushed if I lost it. DH told me one time that if the ring fell in the ocean when we were in SD I went in with it, so you can see it means a lot to both of us. 

So that said I think it depends on the ring it's self. If its sentential then the sentimental value will never be able to be replaced, the physical ring can. 

7/75
    [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/33wa5xg.jpg[/IMG]
  • If I were to lose mine, I'd probably take the $$ from insurance and get a wedding band (the one I have now is fitted to the e-ring...it looks dumb w/o it).  I'd put the rest of the $$ towards getting us in a better spot financially.  I have a lot of sentiment attached to the ring and would be really upset, but it ultimately is metal and carbon. 

That said, for our 10 yr anniversary he best deliverWink

BFP#1 11.9.10 (EDD 7.15.11) M/C 11.13.10 @5W1D
    BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11 due to Pre-E
    BFP#3 10.2.12 (EDD 6.12.13) MMC 11.24.12 @11.5w, had passed in 7th week
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    My Chart Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~