Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Top Chef Just Desserts (Spoilers Needed)

Hey Ladies..

I lurk on here from time to time and I have a question for you...

I fell asleep before Top Chef came on last night and didn't DVR it. Can someone give me a recap please :)

Thanks!!

Re: Top Chef Just Desserts (Spoilers Needed)

• The quick fire was to make a wedding cake for guest judge Sylvia Weinstock. Seth whined that he had never made a wedding cake and refused to do the challenge. Instead he made one small dish that he called an "engagement cake". Erika won with a mocha cake. and I found it surprising that the baker, Eric, made a really amateur looking cake!

ok, I'm going to stop typing now because I just found this :)

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/09/30/top-chef-just-desserts-recap-episode-3/

• Seth basically didn't do the challenges.  Erika won the wedding cake challenge.  Eric won the bake sale challenge.  Heather went home because she didn't have a spine (she wanted to do whoopie pies and got talked into doing a peanut butter cookie).  Danielle told Seth he's a piece of sh!t, for which she is my new BFF!
    image image
    TTC #1 since May 2010. BFP #1 - 5/31/10; m/c on 7/22/10
    Started seeing RE in August 2011
    5 IUIs: BFN; IVF #1 - Success! BFP - 7/25/12 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'm still shocked at how ordinary several of the times were and how out of touch some of the chefs were with what you would serve at a bake sale (i.e. pudding, strawberry shortcake). I could come up with better ideas and flavor combinations. I think had Heather made the whoopie pies that team would have won.
  • I would have purchased a whole tray of Eric's peanut butter and nutella Rice Krispies treats.  I wouldn't even look at the financier cake!
    image image
  • I agree about the ordinariness of the desserts. I think some of them took the whole "bake sale" concept a little too literally. Even if Heather C got 'stuck' with making a peanut butter cookie, could you not use that time to think of a brilliant spin on pb cookies?! All you did with all that time is make plain pb cookies. Genius.

I really don't understand how half of these people can call themselves pastry chefs if 1. they've never made a tiered cake before and 2. clearly have no decorating skills. I'm sorry, but that green icinged cake was not pretty nor was the toasted marshmallow cake. People do not want burnt marshmallows on the outside of their wedding cakes, clever though it may be.

And SETH. My God. What is WRONG with him?! He refuses to do the challenges, throws hissy fits, acts like a complete ass.... How did Harold ever employ him for any length of time?

Then Morgan.... I hope gay men everywhere are proud that their representatives on the show are much more mature and creative than the straight guys. Taking all the butter just because someone claimed all the pb? Well Hung claimed all the foie in the finale but nobody took all the olive oil to pay him back.

Not that it isn't good drama, but these people are ridiculous.

Lastly, I just have to say that when people start talking about what stereotype they were in high school, my eyes roll back into my head. We're grownups, you have a successful career, and you're on a TV show. PLEASE get over your nerdy high school "trauma" unless it was legitimately traumatic. You really didn't need to announce that you were the Glee nerd. We could have guessed.

• image Ann003:
    I would have purchased a whole tray of Eric's peanut butter and nutella Rice Krispies treats.

I'm going out to buy some Nutella today to see if I can make something similar! 

• image *Krista*:

image Ann003:
    I would have purchased a whole tray of Eric's peanut butter and nutella Rice Krispies treats.

The recipe is available on their website!  Woot!

http://www.bravotv.com/foodies/recipes/peanut-butter-krispy-bar 

image image
  • image Ann003:
    image *Krista*:

image Ann003:

The recipe is available on their website!  Woot!

http://www.bravotv.com/foodies/recipes/peanut-butter-krispy-bar 

That recipe is ridiculous! (for someone completely incompetent in the kitchen, like me) I'm going to wing it. 

• I am seriously pissed and let down by this show

eff the douchebag, cannot handle his drama. 

Gretchen Evie, born 7/8/2012 at 35w5d
  • I'm sorry, I just can't take this show seriously. "Your cupcake was dry." "Your cookie was ordinary." Seriously? The drama is the only redeeming value...and I was team Seth by the end. He's hilariously evil. Long face girl just came across as BSC.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersimage
  • I don't find Seth all that hilariously evil, personally. Now Stefan was hilariously evil and turned out to be a genius and a sweetheart. Seth is more like, Does anyone know where they keep the tranq gun? He's practically holding the entire crew of contestants hostage with his maniacal outbursts. Maybe I just feel that way because I grew up with someone like that, but if I had to live with his daily fits in a stressful competition, I would already be rocking in the corner, singing softly to myself.
  • Thanks so much for catching me up!! It played again yesterday so I caught the last 30 minutes :)

The show isn't as exciting as I hoped...Maybe because it's first season so everything just feels a little lame to me.