Caribbean Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Whine or post something fun here

Re: Whine or post something fun here

• Moo, I once took meclizine for vertigo and felt like I was in a fog for a week.

As for the kid at Rutgers, it is so heartbreaking.  I hate looking at the picture of the stupid *** roommate.  I want to punch him in the face. 

• I've been wanting to stick my head further and further into the sand lately.  I have reached a point where I just cannot take it anymore.  I do not want to hear what Sarah Palin said/did every day.  I wish the media would stop paying attention to her entirely.  Same goes for Glenn Beck and the minister in FL who was going to burn the Quran and people who make their living being obnoxious attention whores spewing hate and insanity.  I feel like if we stopped paying attention to these people and instead focused on the ones who are actually sane (and, I hope, the majority), maybe people could calm the eff down already.  I realize that my choice of just ignoring everything entirely is stupid, but I don't care right now.

I also don't want to hear any sad stories, so Moo, stop dragging me down, man.

"That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • image katie.i.do:

fun: planning on going to county fair this weekend!

non-fun:  i urped a few minutes ago and it caused a previously ingested fenugreek capsule to explode in my mouth Ick!x1,000,000

I don't know what this even means and it sounds horrific. Was it stuck in your throat?? Did you puke it back up into your mouth??

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.

This is my "something fun"- I don't think I ever posted this.  It's from last year this day (well, the thursday, not the date). 

My "whine" or just sad moment is that it is also the last day I saw my mom alive.  I went to the hospital to see my mom after her shoulder surgery, she shoo'd me out after an hour because she said the parking was expensive and she'd be home the next day anyway.  Then I left to meet some of you at the Four Seasons.  I just found this pic when I was looking through some pic files that I didn't know what they were. 

I can't believe it's been a year.

• moo, fenugreek is a plant that is used to flavor fake maple syrup. dried and powdered in pill form it is also used by breastfeeding moms to increase their supply.

so it was a blast of gritty chalky vaguely maple-y powder and melted capsule bits binding to all the surfaces in my mouth.

• I'm sorry, TSD. I'm sure this is a tough day for you.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • image samfish2bcrab:
    recipe please, Jen!

I just cut up some fruit and throw it into a oven proof dish. Add some brown sugar, cinammon, nutmeg and raisins (if you like them). For the topping I take some margarine and mix it with oats, a dash of flour and more brown sugar (no real amounts...I just make as much as I need to cover it). It should form little crumbles. I put these on top of the fruit in a nice thick layer and put in the oven (at 375) for 30-45 min based on how thick you cut the fruit. If you need to brown the top then I just put it on broil for a bit.

• image katie.i.do:

moo, fenugreek is a plant that is used to flavor fake maple syrup. dried and powdered in pill form it is also used by breastfeeding moms to increase their supply.

so it was a blast of gritty chalky vaguely maple-y powder and melted capsule bits binding to all the surfaces in my mouth.

OH YUK.

I do not mind taking the fenugreek because it makes me poop every day. This may not be a big deal to some of you, but to me it is everything.

The hair grows in thick where the horn used to be.
  • I didn't get considered for the job I wanted so I'm in a pretty bad mood. Trying to snap myself out of it, I decided it was a good idea to try this thing called 'retail therapy'. I hate shopping. This is what I ended up buying.

Dog Costume - Maine Lobster Dog Halloween Costume - Large

It makes me giggle.

• hi, everybody!

whine: No baby yet. : )  Even though everything looks great (my BP, Pick's HR, movement, etc.) I have to go Mon and do a NST and Wed for an u/s to check fluid.  I don't want to think inductiony thoughts after I've had such a wonderful pregnancy.  Whaaa-whaaaa.

something fun: asdfgghlkj;l  <-------  Milhouse says hi.

JUST KEEEDING

• image tastyburger:

hi, everybody!

whine: No baby yet. : )  Even though everything looks great (my BP, Pick's HR, movement, etc.) I have to go Mon and do a NST and Wed for an u/s to check fluid.

Umm, WHY?! That's ridiculous, you're not even 40 weeks until Friday. I'd be ticked if I were you.

• image tastyburger:

something fun: asdfgghlkj;l  <-------  Milhouse says hi.

JUST KEEEDING

Heeeeee!  Don't worry -- you won't need an induction.  Pickle will be delivered by the stork soon enough.

• image PDXPhotoGrl:
    image tastyburger:

hi, everybody!

whine: No baby yet. : )  Even though everything looks great (my BP, Pick's HR, movement, etc.) I have to go Mon and do a NST and Wed for an u/s to check fluid.

Umm, WHY?! That's ridiculous, you're not even 40 weeks until Friday. I'd be ticked if I were you.

(well, 40 weeks tomorrow if that's what you mean by Fri) I can't be pist over a simple non-evasive non-stress test or an ultrasound!  She's just being careful with my special package.  : )  We won't start discussing induction until 41.5 and even then, I'll put it off unless there is something wrong with us medically.

I am thinking about allowing an internal on Mon and a membrane sweep (40w 3 d).  I'm GBS neg so risk of infection is lower.

• image PDXPhotoGrl:
    image tastyburger:

hi, everybody!

Yes, this. If you don't want to be induced until 41+ (or whatever their policy is, mine was 42) and pickle is good, than don't let them push you there. 

image Ready to rumble.
  • My whine is that I'm sick and grouchy, and feeling like a giant baby about it. I have to go get my picture taken tomorrow for work (for our website, etc.) and I'm so irritated because I am going to be a pale, puffy eyed, red nosed wreck for them. I'm vain.
  • image tastyburger:
    image PDXPhotoGrl:
    image tastyburger:

hi, everybody!

(well, 40 weeks tomorrow if that's what you mean by Fri) I can't be pist over a simple non-evasive non-stress test or an ultrasound!  She's just being careful with my special package.  : )  We won't start discussing induction until 41.5 and even then, I'll put it off unless there is something wrong with us medically.

I am thinking about allowing an internal on Mon and a membrane sweep (40w 3 d).  I'm GBS neg so risk of infection is lower.

My worry is that the next thing you know the NST is "inconclusive" and they want to start you on miso and pit and and and...

I had my membranes swept at 40 weeks. It was no biggie, but it didn't do anything either. :)

• I have been unmotivated and really tired for about two months. ?Snot good.
  • gotcha, PDX.  I will definately watch out for that, thanks for the warning.  To me "inconclusive" doesn't mean "danger," especially when my BP is 110/68, Pickle's HR is 153, and I'm feeling constant and strong movement.

I'll probably go ahead and allow the sweep too since you've done that too.  : )  I appreciate your advice.

and I'll be walking, sexing, eating Chipotle, and scrubbing my kitchen floor this weekend--you'd better believe it!  I will be a busy gal . . .

• Sorry, I wasn't meaning to sound know it all-y! I'm just excited for you and want you to have the best birthin' ever. :)
  • I had three sweeps during my week o'contractions, and it didn't really do anything for me either, but it can't hurt (in the figurative sense because it does kind of hurt in the literal sense).

My doc also did a sweep when my water was broken, and those two together jumpstarted the process like whoa. From the time I was admitted to the time he was born was about six hours.  

• image PDXPhotoGrl:
    Sorry, I wasn't meaning to sound know it all-y! I'm just excited for you and want you to have the best birthin' ever. :)

dude, no way.  I totally appreciate your advice/comments!

and yours too, Buddha.  good to know about the water/sweep combo when I Street Fighter this birth.

• image tastyburger:

image PDXPhotoGrl:
    Sorry, I wasn't meaning to sound know it all-y! I'm just excited for you and want you to have the best birthin' ever. :)

dude, no way.  I totally appreciate your advice/comments!

and yours too, Buddha.  good to know about the water/sweep combo when I Street Fighter this birth.

Yeah, I was pretty anti-induction since I wanted to go med-free, but I was also pretty anti-continuing to contract every two minutes for another week, so water breaking seemed to be the happy middle ground.

I knew there was a slight chance that it wouldn't work and I would then have to be induced, but it worked like a charm for me. So you could always ask about that if it comes to it.

• I am definately more willing to do waterbreak first if it gets really late in the game and pitocin is brought up.
  • image tastyburger:
    I am definately more willing to do waterbreak first if it gets really late in the game and pitocin is brought up.

There's always castor oil! No seriously. :)

• image motherslittlehelper:
    I have been unmotivated and really tired for about two months.  Snot good.

Maybe you have mono.  Or maybe you're just really bored.

• image KristenBtobe:
    I'm sorry, TSD. I'm sure this is a tough day for you.

Thanks. It's just been kind of a weird melancholy kind of day.  It's gray, pouring, steamy and gross.  It's nothing like that day, which I think is good in one way, but it's also a very depressing kind of weather day so we're (E & I) tired, crabby and just all around roughing it.

• I just snapped at Mr M. I've been sick for the last two days -- aching, coughing, sneezing, chills, sweats and fever sick. Today he stayed home because I'm just wiped and can't keep up with a very active toddler.

Not only is he not taking care of me and the house is a mess and he's just ignoring it, about every 20 minutes he's asking me to take of Dimi for some thing or another. No. I. am. sick. I didn't even make it to class yesterday. I have to figure out how to use the bathroom, dress, shower, pick up, get Dimi ready, get him food, bathe him, do laundry, dishes, gardening, and meal prep while keeping him entertained. You can fvcking manage one or two things on your own. You won't even microwave me some tea.

Now I feel bad about it. Well, half bad. The other half is still going "are you kidding me?!"

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • That sounds like it sucks giant asss PDX. I validate your whine.
  • demotivational posters - I SEE THREE PIGS

• I see what looks like rotten, disease infested man meat.