Caribbean Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Whine or post something fun here

Whine:  My 1-hour glucose test came back abnormal, so I have to do the 3-hour.  I'm also apparently anemic, so hello iron and goodbye pooping.

Entertain me with your antics.  I don't need any Ts or Ps, because I know Fenton is taking care of both for me already.

Re: Whine or post something fun here

• I have been so bored at work this week. I can barely force myself to concentrate. I feel like I have ADD. I blame the gorgeous weather and looking forward to a really fun weekend.
  • And here's something fun for me. I lost 7.5 pounds last week on weight watchers. I'm not really clear on how the freak that happened, but yay anyways!
  • The 3 hour test sucks. Here are some tips though:

Eat something high in protein just before the food cutoff time so that you are not wasted in energy before the test begins. Bring something to keep yourself busy. The first hour is going to be the worst. I thought I was going to throw up and I felt miserable. Putting your head between your knees helps. But after that first hour, I was much better. They elt me take a drink of water from teh water fountain after the blood was drawn each time and that helped. Bring a pb&j or something with you so you can eat the second the last blood draw happens.

Also, i had anemia and had to take ferrous sulfate and I still pooped, so it may not cause problems.

• Ughh. That does sound atrocious.
  • That stinks, HT. Definitely eat something high in protein the night before. 

I offer you baby me which looks surprisingly like Ethan. Everyone says he looks just like Zane, so this caught me by surprise going through pictures last night.

• Sorry you have to do the 3 hour test. I had to do it 10-ish years ago to test for hypoglycemia (I chose LIFE) and it does suck. In addition to what Winged said, if you can have someone pick you up after so you don't have to drive, that may help, too. I was super shaky afterwards, and I wasn't carrying around a behbeh in my belly.

I have no whines. I FINALLY got paid today after starting my new job and going 40 days without a paycheck. I'm about to order my fancy-pants shampoo online so my hair can be back to being healthy. And then I'll probably order some boots. Oh, and pay my bills.

• That is impressive weight loss, Christin.

Thanks for the tips, winger.  I'll have to think of a delicious high protein food to eat tonight.

• We're getting on the baby makin' train again this month

I hate accounting.

I can't keep up with the tomatoes in my garden and the cooler weather doesn't inspire me to try.

I saw people at a wedding last weekend that I haven't seen in a decade.   It was both depressing (loss of youth yadda yadda) and uplifting (I look great and not like I have a kid, apparently)  

Lila can count to 20.  I'm sure I'm just being a mom, but I'm mighty impressed.

I'm dying for some apple crumble.

• Before reading the comment I was thinking, "Why did Buddha dress Ethan up ins a dress". Quite a resemblance!

7.5 pounds in a week is awesome and sorry about the sucky test HT.

I tried that pumpkin cookie dip posted here (I think by Coley). It was insane.

• A friend of mine just went through the same thing yesterday.  We talked about how it would be so much easier if you could just eat a bunch of donuts instead of having to drink the sugary drink thing.  I'm going to see if I can make that happen.

I think we should make Cheesy Blasters at the GTG.

"That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Buddha, the resemblance is uncanny!

HT, that sucks.  Here's hoping the 3-hour clears you, though and you won't have all the GD restrictions.

My whine is that M's school called me to pick him up yesterday after I had only been at work for 2 hours, because he complained his shoulders were sore.  I know they are worried that he might be a "sickly kid" because of his recent surgery and migraine, but he was just sore from playing the Wii the day before.  It made for a horrible day, because he threw a 2-hour fit when I made him do his homework rather than play more video games, and then took him to the doctor.  Since there was nothing wrong with him, we turned his visit into his well visit, and he got the 4 shots he was supposed to have next week.  He was mad at the world, and still had to finish 2 hours worth of make-up class work.

• image CaliopeSpidrman:

omg yes please. 

Shopping list:

--jack cheese

--hot dogs

--frozen pizza

--cheese sauce

I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • *air guitar*
  • image BobLoblaw:
    image CaliopeSpidrman:

omg yes please. 

Shopping list:

--jack cheese

--hot dogs

--frozen pizza

--cheese sauce

You have to fill me in on this because it sounds disgusting.

DSC_0768
    Claire Elizabeth 12/31/2011
    Married Bio
  • Nevermind, 30 Rock, duh.
    DSC_0768
    Claire Elizabeth 12/31/2011
    Married Bio
  • image HappyTummy613:

That is impressive weight loss, Christin.

Thanks for the tips, winger.  I'll have to think of a delicious high protein food to eat tonight.

Ditto Christin! that is awesome. I am sure it was a lot of water weight. That is what happened with me and many people too.

HT, I have two cheese rounds from babybel and a protein smoothie with added fruit.

• image wingedbride:
    image HappyTummy613:

Ditto Christin! that is awesome. I am sure it was a lot of water weight. That is what happened with me and many people too.

HT, I have two cheese rounds from babybel and a protein smoothie with added fruit.

I ate scrambled eggs with cheese. I was not so healthy. 

• image buddhagouda:
    image wingedbride:
    image HappyTummy613:

I ate scrambled eggs with cheese. I was not so healthy. 

Oh, I hated it. But the three hour test needed way more protein.

And by the way, I posted a baby pic of me on ML that finally made me realize that Dagger looks like me. It's funny you and I both figured that out.

• Christin, I think I found 5 of your missing pounds. I've gone up 5 pounds in 2 weeks - woopsie!

Sucks about your test, Fern.  :(

I don't have anything fun or complainy really... I yam itchy from my super sexy compression hose though. I guess I'll lodge that as a complaint. I feel like I have ants in my pants.

• Yay for babies who look like their mama's!  It is weird when you first see it and then you're all 'genetics is cool, man'.

Sorry for the 3 hr test, HT.

Christin, that weight loss is amazing!

I'm home today with a sick kid.  He was supposed to accompany me into the city today (his daycare is closed and my office has backup daycare) but he woke up with a bad cold.  I figured that betw the cold and the torrential downpours, a brand new dc facility wouldn't be wise.  So I'm now trying to get some work accomplished from home.  He's been asleep for the past 2 hrs, so I've been somewhat productive.

image Mabel the Loser.
  • Fun: Lila's invitations could be here any time now.

Unfun: The mail keymaster is out of the office all day today.

• Sam, I've been internally freaking out...  after I sent them I was flooded with dark mammaries of things getting held in customs.  I sent them regular mail - should I have done something like FedEx or UPS??

Please let me know as soon as they get there....

• Regular mail should be fine, i wouldn't worry.   It's not a huge package

but that's not what she said

• I can not stop making apple or peach crisp. I am out of oats for the topping so last night I made it with Kashi cereal. I have a problem.
  • No whining from me at the moment. I took the kids to toys r us to celebrate my bday. Maggie got her Minnie costume and Owen got a baby racecar ramp. I'm looking forward to our quick getaway sans kids. And of course meeting EAB and Tummy for lunch!
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Remember Kristen, pics or it didn't happen!
  • I've been having severe motion sickness issues (like, puking after going a block in the car) so the doctor gave me some scopolamine patches to try until I can see the ENT next month to see if it's a middle/inner ear infection.

I put one on last night. I feel like a jello zombie. I had such bizarre, realistic dreams. But it IS helping the motion sickness, so there's that.

I'm still really angry/sad about this. A few years ago, it seemed like maybe we could turn a corner with acceptance of homosexuality in this country. Now, between this and that asst. AG in Michigan, it's like we're going backwards and losing any progress/ground gained.

THEY'RE PEOPLE. How hard is it to understand??

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • No worries. In my carry on bag is my camera, toiletries, and breastpump. . I travel light. And way to go Christin on the loss! That's a good way to start.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • fun: planning on going to county fair this weekend!

non-fun:  i urped a few minutes ago and it caused a previously ingested fenugreek capsule to explode in my mouth Ick!x1,000,000