Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Someone sell me on Tues. night TV!

I am OVER biggest loser!  I want to find a new Tuesday night TV show.  However, I don't have cable.

Someone give me a new show to watch (and some background if you can so I don't get lost)

Thanks!

[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/2evayr5.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/vghfv9.png[/IMG]

Bazinga!
Liz's Yarn

Re: Someone sell me on Tues. night TV!

• Glee. 
    Don't worry, I'm working on it.
    Get it on!
  • Glee - definitely

I also like to watch One Tree Hill and 90210

The Good Wife is actually one of my favorites.  Basically second season - she is the wife of the State Attorney and he was pushed out of office for corruption including some embarrassing affairs with prostitutes.  The show started with that and basically he was in jail and she had to go back to work as an attorney as a Junior Associate and compete with a guy much, much younger, deal with her teenage kids, deal with MIL helping her out at the house, embarrassing press and some hot chemistry with her boss who she once had a thing with back in law school but nothing ever happened - bad timing - just like now since she's still married . . . meanwhile her husband is trying to get out of jail. 

Come season 2 things are much different as her husband is out of jail and she has to decide between her boss and her husband.  He also wants to run for office again so there is that . . . she also had to comprimise her integrity and play dirty a bit to keep her job by beating out the younger guy so now he's working for the prosecutor and wants to come after her.

Whew - sorry so long.

[URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/4/4hl5xb8gc.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • NCIS and NCIS: LA..One of the best shows on tv. It's a great drama with hints of comedy in it as well. I love all of the characters
  • I watch

One Tree Hill

Life Unexpected

Biggest Loser (I know you said you were over it)

DH and I watch together:

Glee

NCIS

NCIS: Los Angeles

• image etkacz:
    NCIS and NCIS: LA..One of the best shows on tv. It's a great drama with hints of comedy in it as well. I love all of the characters

I agree with NCIS but I never could get into NCISLA. The Good Wife is also a great show. There's also House on FOX 

• image Liz468:

Glee - definitely

I also like to watch One Tree Hill and 90210

The Good Wife is actually one of my favorites.  Basically second season - she is the wife of the State Attorney and he was pushed out of office for corruption including some embarrassing affairs with prostitutes.  The show started with that and basically he was in jail and she had to go back to work as an attorney as a Junior Associate and compete with a guy much, much younger, deal with her teenage kids, deal with MIL helping her out at the house, embarrassing press and some hot chemistry with her boss who she once had a thing with back in law school but nothing ever happened - bad timing - just like now since she's still married . . . meanwhile her husband is trying to get out of jail. 

Come season 2 things are much different as her husband is out of jail and she has to decide between her boss and her husband.  He also wants to run for office again so there is that . . . she also had to comprimise her integrity and play dirty a bit to keep her job by beating out the younger guy so now he's working for the prosecutor and wants to come after her.

Whew - sorry so long.

Great summary!! I started this show over the summer and LOVE it.

• image TupeloChick:

image etkacz:
    NCIS and NCIS: LA..One of the best shows on tv. It's a great drama with hints of comedy in it as well. I love all of the characters

I agree with NCIS but I never could get into NCISLA. The Good Wife is also a great show. There's also House on FOX 

House is Monday nights Smile

• You know what's sad? I am hopelessly devoted to Glee and One Tree Hill and yet if I wonder... if someone were to watch these shows for the first time THIS season, would they be disappointed? Glee still has great music but the stories aren't as good and I don't know if a new viewer would get all of the original Gleek hype. Maybe it's just me! :(

And One Tree Hill, don't get me started. I watch it faithfully but am not over the HS days. LOL

• image thatgirlang:

You know what's sad? I am hopelessly devoted to Glee and One Tree Hill and yet if I wonder... if someone were to watch these shows for the first time THIS season, would they be disappointed? Glee still has great music but the stories aren't as good and I don't know if a new viewer would get all of the original Gleek hype. Maybe it's just me! >

This. I started watching this season and am kind of blah about it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Tuesday TV kinda sucks. Just save your DVR shows for watching on Tuesdays.

I do like Glee, but I agree that sometimes the stories are stupid and don't pull you in. But if you like seeing videos recreated, and get into the in-jokes and references, it can be really fun. 

• Another vote for NCIS and The Good Wife. I am trying to get into NCIS LA but haven't really watched it before last week.
  • Parenthood

One Tree Hill

Glee

Raising Hope

• I always wondered what to do on Tuesdays too. Call me crazy because I stand out like a sore thumb on this one, but I just can't bring myself to watch Glee. Too much singing for my taste, plus I can't stand that Jane Lynch.

We watch House on Monday & DVR 90210 so 90210 is now our Tuesday night show, then I'll either find a rerun of something after it's over, or watch a movie.

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/x200p0.jpg[/IMG]
  • I am a new Glee watcher this season and I really like it.  The music is great and there are so many funny one-liners.

We also watched the pilot of No Ordinary Family this Tuesday and I will tune in again next week.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Thanks ladies!  Looks like I've got a few weeks to watch some new shows and decide what I like best.
    [IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/2evayr5.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/vghfv9.png[/IMG]

Bazinga!
    Liz's Yarn
  • image omalley:

I am a new Glee watcher this season and I really like it.  The music is great and there are so many funny one-liners.

In that case, PLEASE watch season 1 when you get a chance! :)

• image MrsR25:
    image TupeloChick:

image etkacz:

House is Monday nights Smile

Oops! Still a good show though.