North Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

lurkers;newbies;oldies;midies.

lol.

I've noticed that there are quite a few (okay ALOT) of lurkers out there; and/or people who just don't want to post anymore because "a new crowd" has come in.

When I first joined here on the nest; I love all of the ladies who were here! & I think we've all been pretty welcomeing with new ladies as well.

So I think; to get things back to normal again; introduce yourself or introduce yourself again. Don't be shy. or scared. or annoyed that there are new people here. Let's all just get along and have a lovely nestie time! :) lol

I KNOW there are lots of lurkers out there. :)  So INTRODUCE YOURSELF AWAAAY! please :)

Re: lurkers;newbies;oldies;midies.

• ELEVEN views so far. and no posters.

hmmm.

• I'll go.

Got married in SoCal in June of '06...met a group of really great local socal girls on theknot that I still keep in touch with. 

Lived in L.A. all my life until almost a year ago when DH and I moved to Jax for a great opportunity I got.  We've made some friends in our housing community and at work, but no one really in the same situation as DH and I.  We're 4 months TTC and I thought I'd come back to thenest to see how the local board was.  Lurked for a month or so and started posting, hoping to relate and meet some girls that might be at a similar stage.

• Well, I am sure those of you who are still here knew I would respond (I want to see the board liven up and I'm still working on my "tan" Cool).

I'm Jodi, I was married to Jeremy on 3-30-08.  I work in the education department at the local community college.  We have two furbabies, Luna and a new addition, Brutus TwentyTwoToes.

I hope we start TTC soon!  Good luck to everyone who is TTC!

Mungee and Me
    How is it that my BABY is going to be 3?

BFP-2/25/11; 8 Wk U/S-3/25/11-No HB, measured 6.5 wks; D&C
  • I'm Sonja (sewn-yaaah) lol

Just got married 08/16/08 but was here before then.

this board is slow. and my goal is to revive it.Party!!!

come hell or highwater you WILL post and you WILL like it.

• oh. and I have a furbaby named Killer. She is my heart. and I am trying to convince DH to get another one, since we arent TTC until this time next year or uhm after.

kinda sucks because toys r us and babies r us are going out of buisness & they are having maaaad sales!!!

so Jodi; I ask that you hurry and have a wee one so I can shower it/you with baby love gifts! Gift haha

I also just discovered the emotioncons (sp?) & I heart them.

• Ah, well I think DH is warming up to the idea.  You should see him with the kitten, all he does is talk about how cute he is! 

The emoticons are lovely, I don't know why they don't have them on the Knot.  They do have a heart emoticon, but it's broken so it wouldn't make sense to Broken Heart them huh?

Mungee and Me

• I don't often post but I lurk when taking breaks. I am in law school, so most of the stuff on the board is light and fun. :) I am actually in the DC area, but I grew up in Jacksonville. DH and I were married 4/27/07 in St. Augustine. We are going to start TTC in the next few month. Very scary since I am still in school, but hey, thats life, people do it everyday!! We have 1 dog, Kaya, she is a pug and a hefty one at that. She is the focus of our life. She is extremely spoiled but the sweetest animal ever.?

?Hope everyone is having a great day!! Back to reading for me.??

• This is a great idea...?

I'm a newbie & I've only been lurking about two weeks. ?My husband & ?I just got married August 2nd. ?We moved to Pensacola from Los Angeles last November. ?My husband worked for a real small company when we moved here & I'm looking for work right now so we haven't really met very many people yet. ?I thought this board would be good for me to interact with people nearby. ?I also like to the visit the nest book club board. ?We are not TTC yet but maybe next summer, we'll see. ?

?I really everyone gets talking on this board too, I'll try to post as much as I can to help things out! ??

• HI! KWH!! Welcome! :)

Jodi! we have life here ahaha :) :) :)

• I'm Devon.  I'm marrying Brandon on 03.22.09.  I live in Melbourne, Fla, but our wedding is in Ponte Vedra so I usually post on the NE Fla Knot board.  I like the ladies there. I'm not as much of a fan of the Central Fl. Nesties, so I'm staying here. Deal with it.  haha

Anyways, we have two furbabies... A miniature dachsund named Kayne and a big hairy golden retriever named Cosmo.

• We have a diverse board here :)  Makes it hard to plan GTGs though when people are all over the state though :(
    Mungee and Me

• Ok, I'll raise my hand.  I've been on and off lurking for a while!  But these days I've been doing more lurking on the TTTC board and What's for Dinner.  We've been trying to concieve for a while and I'm trying to learn to add variety to our diets. 

I'm Jill and I've been married to Raymond since 11/2005.  We live in Mandarin (Jacksonville) and were married in St. Augustine.  We have one furbaby and he's a Laso-apso/maltese mix named Mickey.  We were close to losing him this morning since he decided he wanted to be an escape convict and play in traffic!    

I was sad when this board slowed and I hope it does get more active.

• Welcome Jill!  I went to middle and high school in Mandarin and lived there up until last year when my now DH and I moved to the San Jose/Baymeadows area. Smile
    Mungee and Me

• I'll go ahead and post.

I'm Joann. Got married 5/2/08 to a wonderful guy named Nick. Together we have a 11 month old boy, Gavin. And, we have a cat named Jill, she's 8. 

No more babies for us for a while, so we're not TTC right now at all. We're trying to stay far away from it.

I'm a stay at home mom to him and I love it. 

Anything else you wanna know.. just ask.

• Joann, looks like you're going to have to build that tan back up :)
    Mungee and Me

• I'm Sarah, and I'm a native. My FI moved down here from Massachusetts in July and we're getting married next Saturday. I'm an editor, and I spend all day online as a result. So, really! I'm working! ;)

Also, I have one kitty, Lex, and a crowntail betta fish, Livingston, and all of his snails. He loves to raise snails because he has no fishies of his own.

Or so I tell myself in my more insane moments.