Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Hair question for the hair experts.

I'm clueless when it comes to styling my hair, but I bought some of these:

because I wanted to try something new with my hair. I thought that if I bought them and used them, I could maybe get those awesome big wavy curls that people with long hair get/have. My only problem: I don't have a clue how to use them. I have pretty thick hair and it's decently wavy and pretty frizzy, as well. I know I can't roll them in when my hair is wet, fresh out of the shower. Do I put them in when it's damp? But then, will my hair dry? Or, do I put them in when my hair is dry? HELP! Any tips are highly appriciated... especially since "fixing my hair" is really only running a straightner through it. I'm so clueless.

"Always have faith in God, yourself, and the Cowboys...'-Eddie Sutton

Re: Hair question for the hair experts.

• Oh god. Those look tricky. Hopefully pinksprkl will see these, because I'll bet she'd know what to do. At least I think it's her that knows these things. :)
  • image bluekid:
    Oh god. Those look tricky. Hopefully pinksprkl will see these, because I'll bet she'd know what to do. At least I think it's her that knows these things. :)

That's who I was hoping for! Ha! Unless there is another hair expert running around here that I don't know about!

"Always have faith in God, yourself, and the Cowboys...'-Eddie Sutton

• Dani would probably know too.

My best bet would be to 1/2 way dry your hair then roll it and finish blow drying.

Shop my ThirtyOne Site anytime 24/7 www.mythirtyone.com/116821
  • Good question...I want to know how to use those as well. I have sort of the smae type of hair you do...wavy and sort of frizzy. But I really hope Dani comes to the rescue here!
    No....click me!!!! Cause I'm the wedding bio! Bloggin it up! Prince Charming stole my heart and we rode off on his white horse... "A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous." -Ingrid Bergman- Lilypie First Birthday tickers Check out my Etsy shop: www.etsy.com/LemonDropDesignShop
  • Pinksprkl, at your service. Ok, you have some options here. It is probably going to take a little trial and error. Since you said your hair is kind of frizzy, you may need to run the flat iron through your hair first, in sections and then immediately put the rollers in while your hair is still hot. You might also try to mostly dry it and use some smoothing serum and put the rollers in but I worry that it would take forever to dry. When people ask me about getting those big waves, I suggest a large barrel curling iron or hot rollers. When I do mine like that, I just use the flat iron to curl it and usually do it after a day so it isn't freshly washed. Have fun playing and hair spray is your friend!!
    [IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/11h5rv8.jpg[/IMG]
    My world, my heart.

SHOCKER!