Decorating & Renovating

greyish taupe color for kitchen

We have white trim, light marble counters--almost white with grey streaks, and light colored pine cabinets. I'm thinking that a greyish taupe color on the walls might look nice. Do you think one of these would be nice? Too dark for a kitchen?

SW Tree Branch:

Natural Grey by RL:

Re: greyish taupe color for kitchen

• I favor the second one. We painted our kitchen a dark grey-taupe this past summer...Ralph Lauren's Mercer. Here's a pic:

• hehe That's my DR in your second pic. :) However, that color on the back wall isn't the Natural Gray. It's Chocolate Souffle. There should be pics in my bio of the Natural Gray.
  • I'd prefer the second one of the ones you posted, the first just seems too dark.  I recently painted my kitchen Martha Stewart's "Wild Turkey" which is a brownish color with gray undertones.  Another taupe I like is "Perfect Taupe" by Behr.
  • I think the first photo is too dark. It comes across as chocolate brown on my computer screen.

There are so many wonderful shades of taupe out there! I think it would look lovely in any room! We are thinking about repainting our master bedroom in a gray with brown undertones. We're seriously considering Charleston Gray by Farrow & Ball.

I also really like Appaloosa by Pratt & Lambert

I also really like Gossamer by Pratt & Lambert, but I couldn't find a pic of it for you. I have the paint sample in front of me though, and it's a lovely light taupe.