New Jersey Nesties

Do you think i can wear this dress to a "formal" wedding?

I have a wedding this Saturday night to go to, the invitation says formal attire.  My sister loaned me this dress to see if i wanted to borrow it ( i cant find any other pictures online, just this ebay one)

I have a nice dressy silver bracelet i  can wear and chandelier rhinestone earrings.  

What do you think?? 

Re: Do you think i can wear this dress to a "formal" wedding?

• what's the fabric?  i cant really tell.  though, even if it were silk or something, it still looks very casual to me.  i wouldnt wear it to a formal wedding, though it's pretty.
  • I checked the tag and it says, polyester and spandex, i t looks like a bit shiny, i guess?? 
  • i wouldn't.  just the pockets alone scream casual to me.  sorry.
  • I think you need something a little fancier. 

• I also have a all black dress, that also comes to the knee ( it is from Ann taylor loft as well) , it  is kind of plain, it is v neck in the front, and has like a bubble style skirt.  I also have a black dress ( but i bought it last year in the jr section) that is strapless on the top with black and white flower and then an empire waist to the knee, it is satin material.  I am not sure if it seems to young looking though on me now

or a friend loaned me a black fancy pants set.

• i agree - the red one is too casual, the pockets tipped me off.

i think the bubble bottom on the black one would make it sort of casual too. or too young. i wore bubble bottom dresses when i was going to bar/bat mitzvahs for friends 20 years ago so that's just how i place it.

if you think the jr. dress is too young, it probably is.

• I agree with the above, it's probably too casual.  It's not the pockets I have a problem with, many formal dresses have pockets these days, it's just that it looks more like a day dress, something I'd wear to work or a shower, not a formal wedding.