Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Raw Feeding Organ Meat Question

We've been feeding out dog a raw diet for about 1.5 weeks now, and everything has been going great with one exception. From the research I've done, it seems like we should make organ meat 10% of her diet. Our issue is that she will not eat any organ meat. We've tried a variety of different organ meat and she just won't eat it - this is really strange considering that she'll generally eat almost anything. I've even tried to cut it up into really small pieces thinking that she might take it as treats, but she won't.

Has anyone else had this problem with their dog and organ meat? If so, did you find a solution? I found one source that suggested that you could substitute raw eggs daily for organ meat. Has anyone else heard this?

I'm concerned that if she continues to refuse the organ meat we may have to switch her back to kibble. 

someecards.com - North Carolina: Where you can marry your cousin. Just not your gay cousin.

Re: Raw Feeding Organ Meat Question

• try giving it frozen. 

i think alisha mixes it with other stuff.

or since i have no patience for picky eaters, i'd offer the organ meat, and if they didn't eat it, i wouldn't give them the rest of their meal.  the next meal, repeat.  once they eat the organ, they can have their normal food as well.

Have you seen my monkey?
  • Mine wouldn't eat organ meat either so I did what nital said and would feed the rest until they ate their liver. Wink
    [IMG]http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af289/HollyWalter/DSCF0058-1-1.jpg[/IMG]
  • I do add it to other stuff. I grind 'em up and add them to yogurt and whatever else is in my fridge, maybe canned pumpkin, whatever, and they eat it off a spoon.

• I buy a ground organ blend (properly balanced) because my herd hates organs.
  • image dixie_and_indie:
    I buy a ground organ blend (properly balanced) because my herd hates organs.

Where do you buy this from, if I may ask?

[IMG]http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af289/HollyWalter/DSCF0058-1-1.jpg[/IMG]
  • image dixie_and_indie:
    I buy a ground organ blend (properly balanced) because my herd hates organs.

Yes, please share.

Thanks everyone! I'm glad to know it's not just my dog.

someecards.com - North Carolina: Where you can marry your cousin. Just not your gay cousin.