Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Flyball Question

So I admit I didn't really know anything about this so I just Googled and now I'm interested in looking into that as well as Agility for Patton.  Nico still needs some obedience work before I think he's ready.

How do you find training in your area?  I see one place that has Flyball listed on their website but no classes scheduled. 

Also, does it matter what the build of the dog is?  Patton is stockier with short legs, but he's surprisingly agile. 

Re: Flyball Question

• NAFA (north american flyball association) has club locator. It will list all of the clubs in that state. http://www.flyball.org/getstarted/virginia.html

If there is a club in your area you can email them (or maybe the training club they are affliated with if they don't have contact information). Some clubs don't do classes but might have some information or have beginner time in their team practice.

Build shouldn't matter as long as the dog can safetly do it. Heck, I run with a frenchie :) The biggest issue is that the dog is fit and at a good weight. I've seen all sorts of dogs running (including a dane!) so don't worry.

Hope that helps!

Jackson: I used to be wild, like the wolf, and now I'm reduced to posing in pink petals for your enjoyment. The joys of domestication
    Poe: Here we go once again with the "I was a wild stray..." story. Blah blah blah *eye roll*
    Blog: The Misadventures of Jackson and Poe
  • Thank you!

I was on that website earlier.  I e-mailed two clubs.  One of my e-mails was returned (undeliverable) and hopefully the other one reaches someone who can give me more info!

Patton is a good weight.  He lost weight since we got Nico even though the vet said he was fine beforehand.  He's also active despite his lazy nature.  We go jogging a couple times a week (about 2 miles) and walking/hiking, etc, so I'd say he's fit.

• Wish I had more info. I hope the other club gets back to you.
    Jackson: I used to be wild, like the wolf, and now I'm reduced to posing in pink petals for your enjoyment. The joys of domestication
    Poe: Here we go once again with the "I was a wild stray..." story. Blah blah blah *eye roll*
    Blog: The Misadventures of Jackson and Poe