December 2007 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Grocery Poll

How often do you do your grocery shopping? 

How much do you spend on a monthly basis?

Do you use coupons?

Do you always go for the name brand, or generic?

What are 5 things you purchase each month?

Do you enjoy grocery shopping? 

Re: Grocery Poll

• How often do you do your grocery shopping? Weekly. I did monthly for a while but I just haven't been cooking as much lately so it didn't work out as we had too much extra food.

How much do you spend on a monthly basis? I have a budget of $500. I have to say I usually go over as when I have to go buy TP or Shampoo etc. it adds quite a bit.

Do you use coupons? Yes, but there are rarely any for the stuff I buy. I won't use coupons for stuff I don't normally buy as then I'm spending money to get money off!

Do you always go for the name brand, or generic? Mostly generic though sometimes name brand if it's on sale and cheaper.

What are 5 things you purchase each month? Ground turkey, milk, fruit, eggs, cheese.

Do you enjoy grocery shopping? Not really.

• How often do you do your grocery shopping?  Every paycheck, which is every 2 weeks.

How much do you spend on a monthly basis? I budget $125 each paycheck, so $250 a month, but I try to go under budget if at all possible. I do a menu for 2 weeks so that really helps on the budget. When I have to get non-grocery stuff I sometimes go over, but not much.

Do you use coupons? I usually use the ones Kroger sends me as it is stuff that I use. I tried to look at coupons in the paper, but it is usually stuff we don't eat or you have to buy 2 or 3 of something to save .50 and it is not worth it to me.

Do you always go for the name brand, or generic? I try to go generic on things that I can. G doesn't like some generic stuff (hamburger helper, taco stuff, salad dressing), so I have to be picking on what generic I get. 

What are 5 things you purchase each month? Milk, hamburger meat, adult drink, caffine free pepsi, diet coke

Do you enjoy grocery shopping? I am probably weird but I enjoy it. I don't know why, but it is something I have always enjoyed. We usually go on Friday nights and that is the best time to go in our neck of the woods.

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/oab4us.jpg[/IMG]
  • How often do you do your grocery shopping?  once a week

How much do you spend on a monthly basis? $450

Do you use coupons? yes

Do you always go for the name brand, or generic? Depends on the item, we do buy lots of generics though, especially at Kroger

What are 5 things you purchase each month? milk, bread, eggs, fruit, chicken

Do you enjoy grocery shopping? no, i can't stand grocery shopping. and i do all i can to avoid stepping foot in Wal-Mart, but that rarely happens. I have a love/hate relationship with that store.

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How often do you do your grocery shopping?  we go the first of every month. when i am good i do a menu but normally i just buy what i know i will need and what we eat the most of. if i want something special one night for supper i go get it.

How much do you spend on a monthly basis? our budget is 300 and we try to stay in that as best we can but sometimes we run out of staples and when you have to buy that stuff it adds up.

Do you use coupons? not really

Do you always go for the name brand, or generic? a mixture of both. i have certain things that have to be name brand and the generic does not taste the same to me...like mustard, ketchup, salad dressing, chips (I can not stand generic)

What are 5 things you purchase each month? boneless skinless chicken breasts, green beans, milk, hamburger meat, eggs

Do you enjoy grocery shopping? no hate it!!! hence why i only go once a month!

Who let the dawgs out? image
  • image WA1215:

How often do you do your grocery shopping? we usually go to costco once or twice a month; we'll do a couple of little trips in between for things we can't get at costco

How much do you spend on a monthly basis? our budget is $350, but I've been secretly aiming for $200-250 and have met it the past couple of months!

Do you use coupons?  about 3 months ago I was using them big time! I got tons of totally free items and made money lots of times. it was a lot to keep up with though and since pinwheel, I haven't had the time to put into it

Do you always go for the name brand, or generic? we usually go for the generic, but we always check the price per unit to make sure the generic is really the better deal. The only item I can think of that I have to get name brand is A1 :)

What are 5 things you purchase each month? Cheese, milk, eggs, bread and pringles. haha. we go through those things like nobody's business!

Do you enjoy grocery shopping? I really don't mind it that much if it's planned. It's when I HAVE to go on a certain day b/c I'm missing one thing to make this or that. Also, our costco is in a really busy part of town. I hate going over there at certain times/days b/c it gets super busy and horrible traffic.

• How often do you do your grocery shopping? every weekend

How much do you spend on a monthly basis? when DH was deployed it was about $80-$100/mo for just me. With both of us, it's about $400/mo

Do you use coupons? as much as we can - living overseas we can use coupons for 6 months longer than the expiration date

Do you always go for the name brand, or generic? no preference really... we dont have many "generics" here...

What are 5 things you purchase each month? milk, tortillas, ground beef, fruit, veggies

Do you enjoy grocery shopping? yes! DH & I go together - we enjoy it.