Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Emmy's...who's watching?

I am a sucker for awards shows.  Who will be watching tonight?  I am also unreasonably excited that the show is airing live this year for us West coasters... I get to go to bed at a decent hour tonight. Big Smile  Off to watch the red carpet!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Emmy's...who's watching?

• I just turned it on.
    image image image
  • I'm watching!  I'm hoping Jim Parsons wins Best Actor, but he's got some major competition!
    [url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt147797.aspx[/img][/url]
  • I might check out a bit of it, but I'll most likely just wait for Fashion Police tomorrow.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Visit The Nest!

Visit My Blog! Perfect 10 Beauty.

Visit My Etsy Shop! Sweetz Shoppe Jewelry on Etsy.

My Website Sweetz Shoppe Jewelry.

• I wish the interviewer (who's awful by the way) on NBC would stop asking about what's on their bathroom floors.  It's ridiculous.
  • I am!  I'm watching E!  because I just feel like they are much better than NBC.

Cinnabun and Junebug say, "Go Wildcats!"

• Why is Kate Gosslin there?

Christina Hendricks - Love the color, but the cut and fabric is absolutely wrong. it's hanging on her hips in a funky way. She needs a dress with more structure.

Julie Benz (wife on Dexter) -- looks friggin awesome. Smoking hot. She's my favorite so far.

January Jones - It looks like Sally Draper styled her hair. 

Kim K - Looks fantastic, her skin is glowing. 

Anna Paquin - I'm not a huge fan of McQueen, and I really do not like that dress at all. 

image image image
  • image cacoffer:
    I wish the interviewer (who's awful by the way) on NBC would stop asking about what's on their bathroom floors.  It's ridiculous.

Seriously, how did he get that job? He is absolutely painful to watch.

• I will be around watching True Blood.

BFP #1 8.16.10 m/c at 5w BFP #2 10.21.10 m/c at 5w4d
    BFP #3 2.15.11 EDD 10.27.11. DD born 10.29.11
    Betas @9dpo = 23 Betas @12dpo= 128.5 Betas @17dpo= 1075 Betas @21dpo =5800s
    @6w hb 114 bpm! @8w4d hb 178 bpm! @12w hb 169 bpm! @18w hb 150 bpm!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I hate flesh colored dresses.

image image image
  • The horrible interviewer is Nate Berkus. Oprah's interior designer friend.
  • I am watching. I bet someone will have something to say about Lea Michelle's comment about the ghetto cupcake.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.12
    <a href="http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb264/chaleybeth06/?action=view
  • Best opening EVAH!!!!
    image image image
  • image Five_letter:
    Best opening EVAH!!!!

That was incredible! I want to see it again!

• image Five_letter:
    Best opening EVAH!!!!

Ditto!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.12
    <a href="http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb264/chaleybeth06/?action=view
  • image kaleyandjason:
    image Five_letter:
    Best opening EVAH!!!!

Ditto!

Photobucket
  • image kaleyandjason:
    image Five_letter:
    Best opening EVAH!!!!

Ditto!

LOVE it!

Photobucket
  • Was that Jon Hamm in the opener?
  • image Tarpon Monoxide:
    Was that Jon Hamm in the opener?

Sure was.

• HAHA! The skits for the best comedy writing were so funny, especially the guys who won for Modern Family.

Photobucket
  • i'm so glad the westcoast get them at the same time this year!

i was soo happy for modern family -love them!

i am starting to dislike padma from top chef more and more. she just seems bitchier each season and then tonight she was commenting ('I'll say") while someone else was receiving their show award! 

ETA: do the emmys seem more hip/younger this year or am i just getting older? 

Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage
  • image Five_letter:

Why is Kate Gosslin there?

Christina Hendricks - Love the color, but the cut and fabric is absolutely wrong. it's hanging on her hips in a funky way. She needs a dress with more structure.

Julie Benz (wife on Dexter) -- looks friggin awesome. Smoking hot. She's my favorite so far.

January Jones - It looks like Sally Draper styled her hair. 

Kim K - Looks fantastic, her skin is glowing. 

Anna Paquin - I'm not a huge fan of McQueen, and I really do not like that dress at all. 

What was up with Rich Sommer's suit? He looked like he went wading thigh high into water and then got out of the water.

• The In Memoriam gets me every.single.time.
    Don't worry, I'm working on it.
    Get it on!
  • We aren't watching the actual telecast (no cable or antenna), but we *are* watching Ustream's live backstage feed. It's very surreal and addicting seeing famous people hanging out in the green room eating pasta salad and futzing with their hair, or hearing the producers in the control room bitching out the lighting guys for not bringing the spots back on cue after the commercials. :)
  • Did anyone see the near "wardrobe malfunction" with the woman who accepted the Temple Grandin award? 

Honey, be real. Your "ladies" need more support than that. 

• Just finished watching... I'm an awards show fan and a Jimmy Fallon fan, so I enjoyed it!  I was actually hoping for more Jimmy Fallon, but I took whatever I could get. :)

Yes, I did see that near-wardrobe-malfunction!  DH and I were both holding our breath, hoping they wouldn't pop out!  I don't know how they didn't!  I also think the hug she got from the real Temple Grandin must have been painful.  That looked like a strong hug. :) 

I love Modern Family but I was surprised with the wins since it was their first season.  I love Cam from Modern Family, but I thought it was time for Neil Patrick Harris to win for How I Met Your Mother instead.  :sigh:  

And I learned that if you want an Emmy, the thing to do is direct or star in a mini-series, since there were only 2.  

Oh, and I was impressed that they ended on time!  It was actually 9:59 when the credits started.  I don't think I've ever seen an awards show end on time! 

Planning & Married Bio... Pro Pics, Vendor Reviews, and Items For Sale!
  • image Karen2905:

Did anyone see the near "wardrobe malfunction" with the woman who accepted the Temple Grandin award? 

are you talking about the jogging moment? She was definitely not in jogging support! 

Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage
  • image gakester8:
    image Karen2905:

Did anyone see the near "wardrobe malfunction" with the woman who accepted the Temple Grandin award? 

are you talking about the jogging moment? She was definitely not in jogging support! 

I think the jogger (in the purple) isn't the once she was talking about.  It might have been the same award though, I'm not sure who was who.  I think she was actually talking about the girl in the white strapless who got hugged by the real Temple Grandin. 

Planning & Married Bio... Pro Pics, Vendor Reviews, and Items For Sale!
  • I hadn't planned on watching but I'm glad I did. It was really well done and funny. Good for Jimmy Fallon! I'm so happy for Modern Family and Jim Parsons!  I'm always disappointed to see Michael C. Hall passed over.  My husband really likes Breaking Bad but I have a hard time stomaching it. 
  • image Ready4theParty:
    I'm watching!  I'm hoping Jim Parsons wins Best Actor, but he's got some major competition!

Super excited he won!!!  Congrats Jim Parson!

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt147797.aspx[/img][/url]
  • image kelliejo83:
    image gakester8:
    image Karen2905:

I think the jogger (in the purple) isn't the once she was talking about.  It might have been the same award though, I'm not sure who was who.  I think she was actually talking about the girl in the white strapless who got hugged by the real Temple Grandin. 

This.  It was the woman in white who was on the verge of popping out of her dress when she accepted the big award for Temple Grandin.  (I'm sorry I don't know her name... hadn't even heard of Temple Grandin before last night.)  She kept bending over and talking into the mic... which didn't help.