May 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

My brain hurts

Can I be done with standardized tests for a while??  I took my OCN test today, and I am officially an Oncolgy Certified Nurse!  Woo hoo!  We don't have to be to work on our unit, but it's a nice certification to have.  Plus, I get a sweet bonus!  I kept thinking I failed, and my heart jumped a little when the screen said Exam Result: pass.  I was like, phew!  Now I don't have to figure out a way to pay my boss back for the test!! 

Just wanted to share. :)

<3 <3 "You know my name, not my story.
You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through.
If you were in my shoes, you'd fall the first step." <3 <3

Re: My brain hurts

• Yaaaayyyy!!  Congrats Becky! Great job!
  • YAY Becky that's awesome!!! That's so funny because I'm an oncology nurse too!! I was thinking about taking my OCN! Was it really hard??? Where do you work?? I love being an oncology nurse!
  • Congratulations on passing your certification! That's great about getting a bonus too :)
    Me-28 Stage II Endometrosis, DH-29 Severe MFI TTC#1 since July 2010 DH-Varicocele Surgery 3/2011 Me-Laproscopic Surgery 8/2012 Stage II Endometrosis, removed cysts IVF # 1 October 2012 BCP-9/12-10/2 Follitism 300-10/4-10/14 Ganirelex 10/8-10/15 ER 10/17 (20 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 13 fertilized) ET 10/22 Beta 1 11/2 375 Beta 2 11/5 951 Beta 3/ U/S 11/12 BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Congrats on passing and getting a bonus!  Woohoo!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Congrats! That's awesome!  It's always great to have as many certifications as possible in the medical field.  And woooohooo more cash!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Good for you Becky!  We're all so proud of you!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That's fantastic! Party!!!
  • image mandac033:
    YAY Becky that's awesome!!! That's so funny because I'm an oncology nurse too!! I was thinking about taking my OCN! Was it really hard??? Where do you work?? I love being an oncology nurse!

Thanks ladies!!  So relieved to have that out of the way!!  :)

mandac, the test wasn't horrible, but it was sort of like the NCLEX where you keep thinking you're putting the wrong answers!  I'm a heme onc nurse, so I don't know a whole lot about solid tumors, so I was really worried about that!  They had a lot of electrolyte imbalance questions, several with a low sodium level, what would you do, etc.  Lots of breast cancer and prostate cancer questions too.  And several about the CVAD chemo regimine and lots about doxorubicin, surprisingly.  Know the classes and examples.  I totally missed one question where they asked which drug was an Alkylating Agent and I put etoposide b/c I was thinking the plant alkaloids.  A couple on lymphoma as well.  Oh well.  You should do it!  My boss paid for it, where usually you have to pay up front and then get reimbursed.  When she paid for it, she said, just make sure you pass!  That's why I was so worried about paying her back!! LOL

I work at Duke Hospital, it's great!  I love our heme onc patients, they're really the best.  What about you?  Where do you work and what's your specialty (heme/solid)?

<3 <3 "You know my name, not my story.
    You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through.
    If you were in my shoes, you'd fall the first step." <3 <3

• Thats great! Congrats =]
    Two souls but a single thought; Two hearts that beat as one image