December 2007 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Did you know this?

My Dad told me how he went to the grocery the other day...and wherever he goes he parks super far away so no one can scratch his truck (LOL).  Anyway, as he was pushing the grocery cart to his truck it was being stubborn like a rock was stuck on a wheel or something.  He was fighting with it, and fell on his knee :(  A few people stopped to make sure he was ok, and then mentioned to him that the carts can only go so far, like a lock system so people cant steal them.  I never knew this, and apparently neither did my Dad.  My Dad is ok though!

Re: Did you know this?

• I do know that some stores do that (but not all).  I certainly would've thought, though, that the cart could be taken to all the parking spaces in the lot!
    ~~~~Carrie & Shawn~~~~December 21, 2007~~~~ image
    Our Blog!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I never heard of that, but you would think it would be the end of the parking lot, not in the parking lot. Weird
    [IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/oab4us.jpg[/IMG]
  • I've never heard of that either. I'm forever seeing carts definitely blocks away from stores and in my parents' town the college students typically will walk to the store and walk the carts back to their apartments - there are always carts in the apartment complexes.

I can relate to the parking far away though - DH always does this and if there's a cart in a space even close to ours he will move it back so it doesn't hit our car!