December 2007 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

food, inc.

Anyone see it?

very good. Makes me want to buy local as much as I can....as well as stay out of the drive thrus! plus, with everything under the sun being recalled I don't know what to feed my kids anymore!

ohh if i won the lotto I think we would buy a farm and plant a huge garden!

Re: food, inc.

• I am already picky about meats, I know I couldnt watch this.  DH's aunt was telling me about it and just that alone was making me sick.  

Ditto on the farm though :)  My parents do a garden every year, and we help them- so in turn get to reap the benefits!  This year wasnt so great though. 

• I've heard a lot about it, but I don't plan to see it. I've seen similar documentary type things and they can be really difficult to watch. I try to buy local/organic meat when it's on sale and comprable to other meat, but that's a rare find, and like everyone else, we're on a budget.

I do use homegrown produce because my mom has an incredible garden with everything I could ever want. Next year she is building a chicken coup and getting a few chickens, so we'll be getting our eggs from her too.

We've also talked about going in together and buying a cow. Obviously we wouldn't raise the cow (I could never eat it was my pet!!); you just buy it from a local farmer, they raise/grass feed the cow, then they slaughter (hate that word) it, and you get the meat. It's around $800 to buy the cow, but the amount of meat you get is insane, and of course hormone free. My mom and I both have full size freezers to store it, so we're considering it.

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, Bev. we are considering doing the same thing here. I just got the name of the stockyard and the butcher! Exciting!
  • image TELK83:
    Yes, Bev. we are considering doing the same thing here. I just got the name of the stockyard and the butcher! Exciting!

That's awesome!

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker