Northern California Nesties

Bridal Shower Games?

What are some fun games you guys have played at bridal showers? My cousin's is this weekend and there is going to be a pretty big group so I'm thinking the "don't say bride/groom etc..." game and I'm drawing a blank for the rest. Any ideas?

TIA!

Re: Bridal Shower Games?

• I HATE games, but we played the "Dont' say" game, which was sort of a hit, and then the Newlywed Game, where someone asked DH to answer questions, then they asked me at the shower and I got to tell all sorts of great stories.

It was an AW moment for me, so win. But I am also mildly amusing and capable of judging my audience's reaction, so it wasn't too awful for anyone else.

• I hate shower games too. I caved in and allowed ONE at my shower - it was a questionnaire about me and DH, and whoever got the most right answers got a prize. It was tolerable.
  • We played one that was a spin-off of "dress the bride"  or whatever its called where you make a dress out of TP.  It was dress the bride for her wedding night Wink

There were 3 teams and each team got a bag full of accessories.  I think the bags included colored saran wrap, a feather boa, some party hats, ribbon,mardi gras beads and some other really random stuff.  It was pretty cute and fun (did I mention there was a margarita machine involved?)

Another game that can be fun, especially if people arent big into games is a picture game.  Collect a bunch of pictures of the bride (and groom if you want) from all different ages, divide them into 3 groups with all groups containing a broad range of age.  Then label the backs of each picture (randomly A thru whatever).  Each group has to organize the pictures from youngest to oldest.  Its a simple game, but its always fun to look through the pics,especially for the grooms family if they havent known the bride very long. 

• I've only ever been to baby showers so I was trying to think up creative conversions of those games from baby into bridal.

My first idea was instead of decorating the onesy you could decorate some plain white panties... and then I realized maybe I should just sit this question out.

Women don't want to hear what men think,
    women want to hear what they think, in a deeper voice
  • My favorite bridal shower games are always the ones that include trivia about the bride and groom.  You can quiz the guests about the bride/groom or you can quiz the bride about the groom and include the guests somehow... at my "friends" shower, my MOH created an entire Jeopardy game about the two of us and I was the judge- it was a blast.  At my "family" shower, my MIL asked the groom questions ahead of time and my guests had to "wager" either for or against me, whether or not they thought I would get the answers right.  Both were a big hit.

PM me for our family/baby blog

Haley Beth ~ March 3rd, 2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image winterorchids:

I've only ever been to baby showers so I was trying to think up creative conversions of those games from baby into bridal.

My first idea was instead of decorating the onesy you could decorate some plain white panties... and then I realized maybe I should just sit this question out.

LOL

• Oh, I will add that it seems like in a big group it's better to do teams for the activities where there is a right or wrong answer, rather than every woman for herself. That way less time is spent scoring, people who are only moderately familiar with the guest of honor don't feel lame for being clueless, and it naturally helps people mingle.
    Women don't want to hear what men think,
    women want to hear what they think, in a deeper voice
  • My absolute fave for shower games (bridal or baby) is Concentration (or Memory to some people). You come up with 10-15 wedding related words, and choose candies to go along with them....Example: Bridesmaids = Hot Tamales, Groom = Big Hunk.  Make a concentration style board and go around the room to have everyone guess...if they get a match, they get the candy as a prize.
    BabyFruit Ticker image